Just got my SKYFIRE

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Damionix, Feb 26, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thx rainmakerrc...

and agreed mike.

potQ.
  2. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

No more invites? Damn it... sorry but I think the "2nd cut" is over. Skyfire promised blog update, e-mail blasts, etc. in the allshadow letter and none of that has happened. So frusrating...

Todd/Indy
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no nothing yet here
    doesnt mean they stopped
    (its not only EQ that signed up)

havent seen any blog entries that say they are done with beta testing
  4. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

I just think the "2nd cut" may be over and I was grousing a bit at the lack of info.

Todd/Indy
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

really...why so negative?
  6. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

If Skyfire had a "bribe me" button, I would donate to their browser to be one of the firsts.

I still can't figure out how they're going to make money/break even! Servers cost money, and so do big conferences that they were just at. Where's the money coming from, and/or when is it going to be collected/sold?

My $0.02....
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

i have heard the same thing about google. Where does the money come from?

Just saying that they probably do what most companies do and rally investors. I dont think its very suspicious. Some rich guy has some money to burn and is fuelling it with his dividends. Wants to be a part of something new etc.

id rather they throw it into other things, but it aint my money (yet) :->
  8. cwintermeyer

cwintermeyer New Member

Skyfire revenue model

There's an article on Webware where the author talks about possible revenue models:

"The escape velocity that Bhandari refers to includes not just user uptake, but a revenue model, and it's on that second small detail that my confidence in this product begins to wane. Bhandari may "monetize user activity," which means selling ads, and he also hopes to generate revenues from carriers that want a competitor to Apple's iPhone browsing experience. The first revenue model is flawed--in-browser ads on a tiny screen will be annoying and hard to sell. The second model is sound, but incredibly difficult. Many mobile app companies have withered and died while waiting for a good carrier deal. And in this case, the carriers are going to need extra convincing, because supporting Skyfire means running or paying for a bank of proxy servers."

I sure as hell hope it's the second choice (carriers) insted of the first (ads). :)

- Chris