Just ditched my Iphone for a Nokia 800 Lumina. Bit of help please :)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Tonezz, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Tonezz

Tonezz New Member

I have been oooing and arrring about getting a Windows 7 phone since they came out and then I decided to wait to see what Nokia would come out with and today just decided to buy one!

I have used bluetooth to transfer my contacts from my Iphone, but when i logged into Hotmail/Live it shoves all your contacts onto the same list. But when you go into filter and untick Windows Live it also removes all my ordinary contacts?! To get around this I have made a group and put my own phone contacts in it, is this the only way around it?

My main problem is that I have an Imac, I'v downloaded the connector for Mac and it worked at first, but now it won't. I'v read on the internet people having the exact same problem but can't find a fix. Any idea's?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Are you seeing any errors or it simply won't connect?
  3. Tonezz

Tonezz New Member

No there is no error, but a box pops up saying it recognises a device has been plugged in but it cannot connect. It then says to make sure all date and time's match on the phone and the computer (Which they do) and if that doesn't work to then restart. But you can restart your phone as many times as you want and it still doesn't work! :(

It isn't too much of a problem because i have WiFi at home to download games and apps through, and I'm not planning on putting music on it because the battery life is bad enough without it, but it's just annoying it won't work.
  4. James Kiss

James Kiss New Member

Hmmm, I took a look at some Nokia support forums and I don't think you're the only one with this issue Tonezz. I think it may be an issue with Nokia/Microsoft.
  5. Tonezz

Tonezz New Member

Ohh well I'll keep checking, seems like I'll just have to wait for some kind of update/patch!!