Jivetalk - New IM Program Available

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by skippy126, Jun 11, 2008.

1. skippy126

skippy126 Member

Jivetalk - New IM Program Available

Hi Everyone!

First time poster here...long time lurker. I just wanted to let everyone know of a new IM program available for WM6 devices--JIVETALK. I used this when I used to have a Blackberry and it worked beautifully. Right now the program is in beta, but it certainly looks promising...if its anything like the blackberry client, it'll be bound to be a new hit. :laugh2:

http://www.beejive.com/wm6/

It supports the following IM networks:
    AOL/AIM
    IMB Lotus Sametime
    Google Talk
    Windows Live
    MySpace IM
    Yahoo

PS: I'm not affiliated with the company at all...just excited that a WM version is now available!
  2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Tried it.. didnt work..it couldnt get some key or the other. To the scrap heap with it...
  3. skippy126

skippy126 Member

I had some problems too...I submitted the errors on their support forum. They said that their server is down right now and that is should be corrected soon.
  4. PACanesFAn

PACanesFAn New Member

Any word if it works on WM5 devices?
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aaand welcome aboard.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thanks for posting...welcome to EQ!!
  7. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

I have been using Jive Talk for a few days now and like it a lot. I have tried Octro and Slick and this seems to be the best so far. Interface is good and when you are on the home screen it alerts you also.
  8. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Decided to give it another try to see if the error messages went away. I was able to log on this time and the interface is visually appealing, more so than Octro and Slick.
    However, the program kept causing my Q9H's screen to go black and unresponsive. The only thing that cleared it was an incoming phone call or to shutdown.
    Hopefully they get the bugs worked out.
  9. skippy126

skippy126 Member

One issue I've been having is that whenever I'm logged into Jivetalk and having it run in the background, after a few seconds (around 30 I think), my screen and keys go dead…it looks as though the phone is turned off, but in fact it is still up and running (I was on a phone call last night and noticed this). The only way I can get the keys/display to turn on/start working again is to either plug in/out my phone from the charger. Anyone else having this problem?
  10. skippy126

skippy126 Member

According to their support forums, they only support WM6 and above.
  11. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Hey skippy126, look at my post right above yours... I am having the same issue.
  12. skippy126

skippy126 Member

Good to know...at least I'm not going crazy or it's something with my phone specifically! :laugh2: I contacted their support department...I'll let you all know what they say.
  13. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

Same here, let me know what they say.
  14. Thajapaneezwun

Thajapaneezwun New Member

quite simple solution to the black screen that seems to be a side effect of using jive, just hit one of the 4 buttons next to the spacebar (? messages camera and speaker phone/ voice recognition ) when the screen goes black and vuala. don't use the messaging button as naturally with a light tap it leads you too your messages. camera and voice work, although if you hold down foor too long obviously you'll enter the programs to which those buttons correspond. I use the ? personally, the worst it does is add a very easily fixed ''?'' to whatever you may be typing. also I noticed that although the screen is blank its fully functional, so I tend to finish what im typing if I am typing at the moment then fix the screen if I don't feel like momentarily pausing.

on a side note this program is exceptional, has potential to blow OZ palringo and others out of the water. at its current stage it almost does, aside from the blank screen glitch, the fact that there is no audio notification at any time, or visual notification on any other screen. also when im typing if it auto corrects an apostrophe it tends to add an extra letter and go back to my buddylist.

I highly recommend this program if your looking for an im program with customizable away, busy, and even 'available' messages. actually I recommend this for any instant messaging Queser.

good day.
  15. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

In my opinion, still doesn't touch the file transfer and IM abilities of slick.
  16. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Slick has major issues of its own though, if anyone is using Adium, Pidgin, or Trillian, they can't see messages sent via AIM using Slick.
  17. skippy126

skippy126 Member

Hi everyone,

Just to bring you guys up to speed about the display error. I have gone back and forth with their support group about this issue. They believe that they have identified the problem and corrected it. The fix should be in the next build. Hopefully it'll be released soon!
  18. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

First, that "hit the keys next to the spacebar" did not work.
    When I started the app it informed me that a new version was out. Unfortunately the new version has the same screen issue.
  19. skippy126

skippy126 Member

Yeah, version 0.9.0.3 still had the problem. They claim that the next new version will have the problem corrected. They identified it after 0.9.0.3 was released. Hopefully 0.9.0.4 will be released soon!
  20. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member