Jeyo Mobile Extender

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ill have to test it out tonight....
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it may be something they did on purpose, i wrote them a message we will see.
    and yea, try it out and see if it does the same (i would expect so)
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!

Now my phone won't stop texting!! I can't say for sure it's because of the Jeyo Mobile companion but it was fine before I tried their software last night.

Like I stated earlier I sent two test text from my pc and got gibberish both times. Now I have gotten at least 30 text messages from the same company. I texted some coke rewards points last night and have gotten over 30 and counting replies from them, even after texting them and asking them to stop. The latest text is telling me that I will no longer receive any text from them. Over and over again!

I turned the phone off last night and when I got up this morning and turned it back on the text started again! Turned phone off and took battery out for several minutes. They have stopped at 14 but I think that's because my inbox is now full.....here comes another one. Looks like a master reset is in order!! Up to 19 since putting my battery back in. :angry::angry::angry::angry:
  4. sulster

sulster Active Member

Tarheels-- I got the gibberish issue when I was using the Jeyo Extender of Outlook, not with the Companion, so my problem was the exact opposite. I would think 14.95 isn't a bad price to bad up my contacts, but I have 1300+ of them! :)

RB/Scott: When y'all say "counter" you mean on your Q's Home Screen? I get a pop up on my PC when I am connected and get a new TXT.

My problem is in backing up. It seems to "Export" as one type of file, but look for another file type when "Importing". Anyone else have this issue?

Finally, they sent me a Free Reg code b/c I plan to use Companion instead of the Outlook Extender. :)
  5. sulster

sulster Active Member

YIKES!!! Have you Uninstalled the Jeyo software? I note that when my Q is plugged in, there is a little symbol in the Messaging apps that is the Jeyo Agent...
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yes, I have uninstalled the Jeyo software from the phone but not yet from the pc. Thank goodness I have unlimited text or I would really be screwed!! They seem to have stopped for the moment. But I had to change my tone to none because the constant noise of getting text was driving me crazy. Oh no, here they go again!! If it wasn't so frustrating it would be hilarious to keep getting a text telling me you will receive no future messages from us over and over again. Up to 4 now.
  7. sulster

sulster Active Member

That really sucks--do you have Verizon? I have had problems with multiple txts in the past, but usually it's me sending 3 times.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea.. that is the counter i was talking about and indeed, i also get a popup on the pc when the Q is connected.. honestly i wouldn't mind if i could turn it on or off. (side note: the popup "falls" off the screen halfway, already mailed Jeyo about it)

i have not yet tried ex- or import. i also received a reg code.
  9. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

No I have sprint and I have gotten maybe 2 of the same text a few times but never like this. I have uninstalled Jeyo from my pc too and so far no more text. I am holding my breath and hoping that the crisis is over because now my contacts are not backed up and I really don't want to have to do a hard reset and lose everything!! Still none!!
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

this is nuts...i cant believe all the different scenarios that we are having with these pieces of software!

@RB/sulster...thats kick ass they gave you the reg key!
  11. sulster

sulster Active Member

Results of my test

Q plugged in, Jeyo Companion on and minimized.

Test TXT received. Q screen lit up and Q whistled (that's my TXT alert). Q counter didn't change. Pop up came up on Jeyo Companion, but it was underneath all my other open windows, so I had to go look for it.

I am going to try to get one with Companion on and full screen. Okay, same result.

Also, I note that you can maximize the Pop up and it has "reply" and other buttons on the right side. In fact, when it first pops up (or pops under LOL ) you have to move the sliders to get to the txt part, as it defaults to bottom right.
  12. sulster

sulster Active Member

I am really starting to wonder if it's just MOL3. Tarheels, what version do you have?

yeah, I'm glad they gave me the code. It seems to work for me, with a few minor glitches, but those few glitches don't compare to gibberish!! :)

(P.S. sorry for all the double posting-it takes me a while to get a post done and then there's a new one I "need" to respond to ! :D )
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I haven't done the MOL3 upgrade because I don't want to lose all my information. Thus the desire for something to backup my contacts and calendar. With the problem I was having with text I haven't tried to sync with google calendar yet. Will try that now.

I haven't had anymore texts since my last post and I was even brave enough to send one. Don't know what the problem was but I hope it's over!
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

1. i wanna hear that whistle (i am serious)

like i said, i get a popup and it's only half on the screen so i have to drag it up to see the whole "window", minor never the less kind of annoying, need to play with it some more maybe Ctrl-Q would fix that.

anyway... full non-gibberish messages is a very good thing :}
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yep.. it's odd to say the least.

pm.
  16. sulster

sulster Active Member

Oops--somehow I missed this. I'll PM ya.
  17. sulster

sulster Active Member

Okay, I actually emailed it to you.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks.... nice little sound :}
  19. sulster

sulster Active Member

Definitely gets one's attention! Plus, it drives my husband apey when I get a bunch of texts in a row!! :) (<--- added benefit!)
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

whahahahahhaaa... ok, so you are of the female species.. in that case i might have called you dude before, just replace that with dudette :}