Jeyo Mobile Extender

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Jeyo Companion & Contacts managment.

so Sulster: can you either confirm or maybe deny that Jeyo Companion is able to stand-alone work with contacts ?! i ask this for the many many non-Outlook'ers out there that have no real good way to maintain the contact other then on the Q itself (which i can imagine is a b-tch to do :}

it would be cool if "we" could offer them a alternative other then saying "well... buy the full-blown Outlook".

thanks.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

they replied....

yea... they are stalling us, kinda how i see it at this point.. and also (to me) it looks like a standard email and no real answer to some other questions/concerns i mentioned to them, well... at least they are trying :}
  3. sulster

sulster Active Member

Looks like it

I created "John Q. Public" on my PC and there he was in my contacts on the Q. It might not be as "pretty" as Outlook but it seemed to work. I didn't try out much more than creating a New Contact, though.
  4. sulster

sulster Active Member

Maybe they are really trying to fix the problem and give us an alternative in the meantime? They seem to have a lot of awards, but the picture of the Developer is one guy, so maybe he's having a hard time figuring it out on his own.

Maybe it's MOL3?:embarassed:
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hey... pretty or not i care about functionality more then anything else.. thx. i advised some new users to try, we'll see what they experience.

i never mentioned this to them, maybe one of us should ? maybe indeed they are really trying to fix the issue... more then anything i was annoyed by the response time.
  6. sulster

sulster Active Member

Well, I put MOL3 in my list of Q specs at the beginning of my email, but maybe they don't know what it means? I would hate to bring it up and say "MOL3 f's up a lot of txting things for us Q users" and them (or him) just go "Okay, it's MOL3 then, never mind" :)
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i didn't even think about mentioning it... and i would hope they test w/ current versions. and yea, we don't want them to stop fixing the issue so let's hope they don't visit here :}
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

this is great
    definately an alternative to outlook for contact management...for all those outlook express users!
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh yeah baby.... <hehe> when i read that i just had to ask Sulster (was too lazy yesterday and too damn busy today to check it for myself) and if the few new users i suggested it to come back with positive feedback it would really kick ass :}

did you install Companion yet ?
  10. n99hockey

i did not...got home late and went to bed :tounge:
    perhaps ill give it a go tonight!
  11. n99hockey

ok just installed this thing...
    pretty cool...made a backup of my contacts and call history...very cool

also noticed something called CAB/HME/TSK Intallation...meaning you can install cab files directly from your PC without having to fuss around with it on your Q
    so you can have the cab file on your desktop go this this option and install it without the active sync transfer!

pretty cool!
  12. icyhot

icyhot New Member

So, how much does this program cost and where can I buy this? Thanks.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

www.jeyo.com - $14,95
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

wtf... i have responded with a long ass reply (while still at work) about how nifty and cool this was (contact management, making screen shots etc.) and the post is nowhere to be found... this blows man :]
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

mobile companion

Okay guys, thanks again for the tip. I downloaded it to my pc and was able to back up my contacts at least. But.....

I tried sending a text message from my pc to my phone and I cursed myself out. All I got was a whole lot of gibberish. So I tried again this time with the phone disconnected from the pc and it wouldn't let me send until I connected my phone back up. And again, I cursed myself out. More gibberish.

I'm not paying $14.95 just to backup my contacts and then still have to find something to back up my calendar too. I looked at google calendar but I can't sync it w/out Outlook and I don't feel like manually putting in months worth of info all over again.

So looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy Outlook. I will need it for my daughter anyway so....oh well.
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh for real ? that is not good, i did not yet test sms abilities of this application. Google Calendar can be synced with the Q either using OggSync or GooSync.

ok, i sms'ed myself 10 txt messages and they ALL came out purrfect.. no gibberish and also ALL characters came through. 2 side comments on that:

1) sms'ing yourself is just a test, BUT when you do you the RSK does not change to "Message" as it usually do, nor does it display a envelope at the top of the screen (like i said, doesn't matter)

2) i have saved txt messages in Jeyo Extender, and i need to figure out how to get these in Companion (if i keep it)
  17. n99hockey

that is weird...:frown:
    i believe you!:laugh2:
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ps. RSK - &quot;Message&quot;

i got a "real" txt message from someone other then myself and while the Q is connected (most likely due to COpmanion 'cuz it used to work) the RSK did not change nor does the counter notifies there is a txt message.
  19. n99hockey

really?
    i know is not the case with the extender...my counter goes up when i get a text message and its hooked up....
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i know you do :}

i know... try it with Companion (if you get a chance), i will notify Jeyo about this "glitch".