.jar games on motorola q9h

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by anyone1979, Mar 17, 2008.

1. kilcher

kilcher New Member

All you have to do is download the jar file onto your computer, then just copy it over to your phone's memory card (or the main memory).

Then just click on it and Jbed should automatically launch.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Do you already have Jbed installed?
  3. vace0009

vace0009 New Member

yeah...I have jbed. I just wanted to download from my q since I won't be near a computer for a couple days.
  4. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

If you've got Jbed installed, then downloading the files through PIE should not be a problem. After the file is downloaded, Jbed should automatically kick in and install. One option might be the register the .jar and .jad extensions in FEADIE, then when you've got the files on your Q, open up Jbed and install them that way.
  5. xalias51

xalias51 New Member

Why would Jbed be needed on the Q9h? The ATT version has a Java Manager preinstlled under Start -> Applications -> Java Manager.
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Another difference between the Q9c/Q9m and the Q9h. Good to know . . .
  7. anyone1979

anyone1979 New Member

Yes that is true....but, the java manager that comes with the moto q global does not run .jar files (games). It is for internet use.
  8. vace0009

vace0009 New Member

I have found that many of the .jar games will load in jbed but will kill jbed after a certain point. Usually at the same point (ie. loading a new game or selecting a option). I have found one hangman game thats seems to work pretty decent. Is Jbed supposed to work for any .jar file, or is it more hit and miss? Doesnt seem like many of the games listed on the site work with jbed. I have a Q9c if that makes a difference.
  9. unsung

unsung New Member

not totally true i'm afraid, with the java manager on my q9h i have installed 5 games and all run perfectly.

i have the following games on mine:
    Namco Pac-Man
    Flexis Extreme
    Atari Legends Vol. 1 & 2
    Brick Breaker

since the q and and my e62 have the 320x240 screensize i have tried all my games on it, but it does seem most will not run on the q, but all run on the e62.

the five games on my q that run were all multiscreen sizes jar install files, and only those worked compared for the ones designed for a 320x240 resolution.

i'm gonna install Jbed and see if i can get the others running on it, but i believe it's a issue with the screensize, and not really the these java apps failing. or it could be a bit of both though too. i'll post back the results, hopefully Jbed will run the games i really want on this thing.
  10. unsung

unsung New Member

results of Jbed for me:

tried 2 games (320x240 screensize) i really have been dying to play and they did crash almost immediately when launched. fortunately both games have the option to enable/disable sounds when starting up.

i disabled sounds and they ran perfectly :2cool: (kinda sucks i really like the bgm on this one game)

so far all the games that i have installed that have the option to disable sounds before the games menu comes up play, and every game that does not have the option crashes as soon as the sounds would play.

so it's the audio that crashes the app, so if you know the game has the option to disable sounds before it launches to the menu, your in business.

later today i'll list the games i have running on mine, that way before you buy a game, you'll know your not wasting money on it.
  11. vace0009

vace0009 New Member

You are right on about the sound issue. I have a few games that work when you go into the settings and disable sounds before starting the game. Here are two that I found work well with sound disabled.

Pinball
    http://www.umnet.com/free-Game/17951.htm

Hangman
    http://www.umnet.com/free-Game/17083.htm
  12. unsung

unsung New Member

nice :2cool:

once i get the time to install more games, i'll definitely post my results. but most of my games aren't freeware though :embarassed:

mods: once we get a list going here, how about making this a sticky? or start a sticky on this topic where we can list running games?
  13. unsung

unsung New Member

so far i have these games up and running on mine, the first 2 i tried with the java manager on the q already but didn't even launch.

Puzzle Quest - Warlords by THQ Wireless
    Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow by Konami
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force Destruct-O-Thon by GLU Mobile
    Brick Breaker Revolution by Digital Chocolate
    Flexis Extreme by Telcogames
    Hexic by Microsoft and Oberon Games
    Holy Wars by Devalley Entertainment
    Magical Hammer by Capcom
    Metal Gear Acid Mobile by Konami
    Super Monkey Ball Tilt and Turn 2 by Sega
    Super Collapse! by RealNetworks
    Uno FreeFall by Mattel
    added:
    Asteroids by GLU Mobile
    added:
    Tetris Blockout by EA

these were 320x240 versions, make sure before you buy one, that your getting the right version.
    remember disable the sounds or the game will crash Jbed!

i'll update the list when i get more games running on mine, if anyone else has some java games that work, let us know!
  14. unsung

unsung New Member

here's my list i'll update with games playable on mine :wink:

Puzzle Quest - Warlords by THQ Wireless
    Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow by Konami
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force Destruct-O-Thon by GLU Mobile
    Brick Breaker Revolution by Digital Chocolate
    Flexis Extreme by Telcogames
    Hexic by Microsoft and Oberon Games
    Holy Wars by Devalley Entertainment
    Magical Hammer by Capcom
    Metal Gear Acid Mobile by Konami