It won't Ring!!! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by cinner74, Oct 21, 2008.

1. cindra

cindra Active Member

You're welcome. Glad that was it. The problem with these phones is that there are too many ways to choose volumes! Profile volumes, master volumes, in-call volumes, application volumes. It's a mess! :tounge:

@hockey- he has a Q9h...buttons, no scroll wheel. Plus, the bottom button looks like it could be a scroll cuz there's a curved arrow on it, but it's really a "back" button. Right ideas, just terms miscommunication, like the "hard/soft master reset/clear/reboot/powercycle" mess. :wink:
  2. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Yes, that's what I have, a Q9h - so I take it that That is the Master Volume? ARGH!!!! I have been w/o a ringing phone for 5 days now and missed soooooo many calls/calendar reminders/etc...I feel like an idiot!! And do u think I could find my book that came w/the phone? Of course not!! I DO love this website though - you all are great - so quick to help! Now, if i could get a tutor to teach me what all this baby can do! LOL ;)

THanks again!
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Jeeez, thought i was going nuts or something.
  4. cindra

cindra Active Member

5. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Nice...:2cool:

I did not know that took you straight to the profile volume. I mean i've only had mine for a couple months..we deff. gave it a shot...lol
  6. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Yup - and I had been pushing the BOTTOM button, with the rounded arrow (as stated in my post), which only changed the PROFILE volume, not the Master Volume... ARGH!!!!

I'm sorry Everyone! That's why I described exactly what I'd been doing, to make sure I wasn't missing something! Lordy...LOL
  7. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Never mind ME - can u believe that FOUR people working in the AT&T store didn't catch this??? And they HAD the phone IN their hands!!! TWO of them HAD this same exact phone!!!! Wowzers.
  8. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Holding down the button she is showing us a picture takes u to the Master Volume...NOT the profile volume.
  9. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Your correct, thats is what the pic is showing. :)....I do agree there are just too many options available to change the volume.
  10. asodestrom

asodestrom New Member

I had the same ting happen to mine and I was stuck for a couple of days trying to figure it out. I finally took it to the ATT store and they found it right away. I wasn't to sure what they did because they were trying to sell me on ATT u-verse at the same time:frown:
  11. lmanternach

lmanternach New Member

Won't ring

I have a similar problem. Sometimes calls go directly to voice mail - it's totally random. Really problematic when I'm waiting to be looped into a conference call. It's not my system volume - two minutes later I'll get another call and it rings just fine. Any ideas?
  12. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

Sounds like something different from a volume problem...you may want to try a new thread; besides it sounds like this one was resolved:wink:
  13. kjkhemraj

kjkhemraj New Member

Check the ring volumen in the Normal Profile.

Start / System Tools / Settings / Profiles / Normal /
    Click Menu / Edit
    and check the Ring Volume.

I use the Motorola Horizontal Holster and if I forget to lock the thing, I can never tell what state it will be in after wearing my seatbelt. I've had volume issues weekly till I figured out what was happening. Lock it when holstered and if all else fails, check the ring volume in the Normal Profile.
  14. Jwurm99

Jwurm99 New Member

Backing up the Q

Yeah your phone became defective it happens sometimes. Plug your phone in via usb and explore the mobile device. Go to settings allow hidden files to be shown. Back up the entire phones drive that is only way I can think to save your calenders.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

isnt the calender part of pim.vol?
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yup...sure is

-Sent from my Q9c
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Thought so, why the heck would anyone copy the entire drive to back anything up. Wouldnt you also be copying the problem.

To answer the question, copy your pim.vol file to a card or pc someplace.
  18. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

well ideally if you keep a constant backup you can restore pretty close before the problem happened...

but yea kind of silly to do it while you have the issue

and yes just copy the pim.vol file and follow the instructions on how to put it back in the 1000's of threads on this topic already

-Sent from my Q9c
  19. Jwurm99

Jwurm99 New Member

Thank you for correction

Yes I meant to say just back up the whole entire calendar but I wasn't sure on the exact file. Thank you DaFoxs for the correct file name
  20. puckrazy1

puckrazy1 New Member

I had this exact same issue last night. I noticed it when I plugged in the phone to charge it and it didn't beep. I did the normal reset, pull the battery, etc. I didn't even know about the system volume setting. All of the other volume and profile settings were correct. Anyways, this took care of it, so thanks.