It won't Ring!!! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by cinner74, Oct 21, 2008.

1. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

It won't Ring!!! Please Help!

I've done EVERYTHING I can think of, but for some reason, all of a sudden, my Q9h won't RING!! It's not on Silent, or Vibrate...in fact, I have to put it on vibrate (or be looking at it) to tell that it is getting a call! I've checked all the profiles to be sure none of the settings got tweeked, but nothing. I can mess with the volume bar on the side of the phone & it "rings" in different volumes, like usual, but when a call actually comes IN, NOTHING. Also - I can set my keypad volume to "tone" (usually I have it on silent) and it does nothing either...no sound at all! If I try to "play" a ringtone that's already on my phone, NOTHING. I CAN hear & talk to people who call, Speakerphone works still...so I know the speaker is working, so WHAT is the problem??? Anyone??

I thought about doing a reset, but I don't have Outlook on my pooter to sync my Q's calendar to & I have EVERYTHING saved on there and can't lose it! I have done a soft reset (taken battery out while phone is on) but this did not fix it). When I went into the AT&T store, they recommended Warranty exchange, but again- I'd lose all my Calendar info and I run a business with that calendar! :( So far, I haven't found a website that syncs calendars...I can use Dashwire.com for everything else at least.

Any help u guys can give would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks :)
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

have you held in the scroll wheel and scrolled up to turn up the system volume?
  3. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Yes - Sorry, in my post, I called it the "volume bar" and said: I can mess with the volume bar on the side of the phone & it "rings" in different volumes, like usual, but when a call actually comes IN, NOTHING.

It makes the ring sound, higher & lower when I uses the scroll wheel, but it still won't RING when the phone actually rings. :(
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

there is a diiference in rolling the wheel, that is different then holding the wheel in until the bar comes up and scroll up. is that what you did?
  5. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Yes, I am holding down the bottom ("rounded" arrow) button on the side and then pushing the top arrow button until the bar comes up, the menu says "Ringer Volume" and then it says Profile Normal, or whatever profile I have it on - and it's turned (the bar) all the way up. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

If the op has a Q9h, then the op does not have a wheel. It's a set of buttons on the side.
  7. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

THAT'S what was confusing me about his question! LOL

I explained how I was changing the volume with the buttons on the side though - I believe that is the correct way to do it?
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

That is the right way.

On mine there is system volume and ringer volume. do you have those on yours? It sounds like the system volume is what isnt working. that is if you have that option.
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

For the heck of it, try turning phone off and then back on...my phone does this occasionally also, and this "fixes" it.
  10. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

I've tried this, I've tried leaving it off overnight even, I've done Windows Updates (not that I thought this was the problem), the soft rest of taking the battery out while phone is on...Nada. That's another thing - it no longer makes the "swoosh" sound when u turn it on/off...Thanks though!
  11. n99hockey

by chance did you do any registry hacks to it?
  12. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Not sure what a "registry hack" is - soooo...I don't think so! LOL
  13. n99hockey

installed any programs lately?
  14. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Ahhh! No - Although I wish I knew how to use this phone to it's fullest, I am quite the beginner! I haven't installed anything on it, except upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1 and I did that weeks ago, no problems.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

is there a system volume setting on a H? can you hear it with earphones?
  16. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Not sure? Anyone?
  17. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I may have missed it in your OP but will an mp3 play?

Check the My Documents>My ringtones folder......is it empty?
  18. n99hockey

im running out of ideas....

just in case...if you are looking for an online calendar back up look at google calendar and oggsync or goosync (those are 2 of the google sync softwares) that might help you out if you have to reset the phone
  19. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Start> Settings>Sounds.

But you did say you checked that right?
  20. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

I don't know about mp3's...I haven't saved any on my phone yet, but in my Ringtones folder, yes, there are the standard ones the phone came with...