ISS Essentials

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by EQBob, Jan 9, 2010.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ISS Essentials

This doesn't pertain to strictly the Saga, but since that's what I have, I'll post it here.

I redid my phone last week after it (and me <G>) being in the Caribbean and several countries and flipping back and forth between ship service and country service, etc. It was just acting "flaky"

When I did so, I resolved to finally go get that Sodoku game from ISS I wanted and at the time, there was a bundle pack being offered with ISS Essentials. I bit and am very glad I did.

The Essentials adds in a very nice task manager that is easily accessible from within the Spb Mobile Shell. It also adds in a bettery meter that actually works and decreases throughout the day. It is the first bettery meter that has ever worked (changed according to the level) on my phone.

It also adds in a scientific calculator, a file explorer that actually provides useful information and useful functions (much more than the braind dead MS one).

It also adds in a registry explorer that is a dream to use, working just like the one of your PC and far better than the POS (*my* opinion) other apps that are available for registry exploration. Granted, it's a cost item vs. free, but the others are cludgy (*my* opinion), difficult to operate/access (*my* opinion), (Resco, Total Commander, etc) etc. This one beats every other registry app I've seen.

So anyhow, I'm simply tossing out my opinion as to this app and providing some information that it might be useful for some folks. I hae found it a VERY useful addition to my phone and believe it has helped make it more valuable, and operate better.

http://www.implicitsoftware.com/mobile_essentials.html
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Mostly touch screen only.
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Incorrect. Only iSS Task Switcher and iSS Battery are touch screen only.

And besides, I posted this in the Saga forum, which is touch screen.
  4. bberryhill0

I was interested in their Notepad program. When you go to that page it says touchscreen only. Durn! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like a really good company.
  5. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Under supported devices, it says:

Full support for Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, WM 5, and WM 6/6.1
    Full support for Windows Mobile 6 & 6.1 including Professional and Classic devices

I would think that would cover you under most everything that is out there in recent years, including an old Q, yes?
  6. bberryhill0

Scroll down. Smartphone: Not Available. Durn!
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yeah, but isn't 6.1 classic the renamed smartphone version?
    And if you are WM5, it doesn't even say versions....
    And the text anywhere that I Can see doens't say touchscreen only....

I think I'll go read on my B&N Nook instead of trying to figure it out.

Suffice to say, the programs are great if you can use it I guess.