Is this news to anyone?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by ruwiredup, Apr 17, 2007.

1. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

Is this news to anyone?

Hey everyone, I just renewed my 2 yr and got the Q phone for my upgrade. I was previously using the e815. I did not get the data plan as I don't actually go online with my phone. I do however send a lot of text/pix/vid messages. I had heard that Verizon was going to charge me for all the data used to send the pictures/vids and that only basic text (non SMS) messages were free.

According to the rep I spoke to at Verizon, as of April 2nd 2007 they made a revision to the PDA phone billing proceedure to allow for text w/pix/flix to be sent without charge for the data anymore. Prior to this they said they had a lot of negative feedback from customers who were upset for the large bill they incurred from sening pix/flix via SMS text.

I just wanted to share this news in case anyone didn't already know and was not on the unlimited plan.

I was skeptical so I called Verizon back to speak with a fresh rep and ask him the same. He had to look and said sure enough, he had no idea but saw that this had just changed an April 2nd 2007. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention as he said he had been telling all of his customers that they would be charged for pix/flix SMS message data.

Hope this helps and isn't OLD news.

Will
  2. qnoob

qnoob New Member

you're referring to VZW's unlimited messaging, right? I believe the official launch was Sunday.
  3. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

No not the unlimited text messaging for $20, though I was happy to hear that as I was paying $20 for 5000 messages prior to the release of that.

I am referring to a PDA only change. Prior to April 2nd, if you didn't have an unlimited data plan ($45 per mo.) on your PDA phone, you would incur charges for data if you sent/received a picture (SMS message) on your PDA.

As of April 2nd, Verizon has stopped charging for DATA on SMS in/out picture messages. It will just be charged as a standard Text message. If you have a text package it will basically cost you nothing if you stay within your alloted text package.

Good news, yes?
  4. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Honestly, I have not heard of anything like this, but it would make sense since I had a customer that didn't have any charges.

Let me look into it on Thursday, I have morrow off, and I will post on here for everyone. I'm with everyone else, I don't think there should be a charge for it either. I may sound formal on here a lot when I say anything that can reflect on VZW, but I think that there are a lot of things that we SHOULDN'T be charged for and that is one of them :)

-A
  5. lopez096

lopez096 New Member

I agree, but (as I posted on another thread) I was never charged data for sending MMS. I have not yet put the data plan on my account, and still continue to send pix, and still no charge for data usage. Just the deduction from my allowance. Had it this way since before April 2nd. Curious as to what you find out Pyro.