is there anyone who doesn't have problems with Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by coney718, May 21, 2008.

1. JPSmith

JPSmith New Member

My daughter, who is the total opposite of a technogeek, has had zero problems with her Q9c in the year since I got it set up for her. Not running a bunch of third party programs certainly helps, as with all computing devices.
  2. coney718

coney718 New Member

Yeah i know a few people who were torn between the Curve and the Q9c. I went for the Curve first because there was so much good hype around it and everyone was saying how much more stable and fast the OS is compared to WM. and i never had a BB before so I took the plunge. Ive tried it but now i really think about it the Q9c can do almost everything a BB can do for much cheaper lol. Is there a push email option on the Q9c?
  3. TemporalBeef

TemporalBeef New Member

The first q I received from sprint was a brick. I had to contact customer service so they could e-mail me a return voucher which I could bring into a sprint store to get a replacement.

The replacement started to slowly accumulate dust inside the screen. It started as a speck or two of dust in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. After 2 months, it got progressively worse, with dust obscuring 1/2 of the screen.

I had contacted customer service again, about a billing issue (sprint liked to send me two bills a month) and while I was on the phone I bought phone insurance and the replacement plan (which i highly recommend), and immediately took it up to a sprint repair center to have my phone cleaned for free.

The technician took my phone and looked at it and told me he'd clean the dust out. He also said it would only be 15 minutes, which I thought was great. I've had to wait two hours at Verizon for similar issues. Five minutes go by and he told me he had to replace my phone because he cracked the screen after he cleaned it.

So I got a bright, shiny new phone. I figured since it was a new phone, there'd be no chance that I'll have the dust issue again. That my old phone was a defect, and this new one was going to be perfect...

...I say this now, as I stare at the dust on my "new" q... :(

Overall tho, I do like the phone. And while I've heard horror stories about Sprint customer service, I've got to say that they've taken care of all of my problems. But that's probably best saved for another post...
  4. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer New Member

I haven't had any major issues...........I have had some minor ones.

- Freezes every now and then for no good reason. (Maybe once or twice every few weeks)

- Calling Sprint (*2) and using the speaker phone makes it impossible to terminate the call without killing the phone functionality.

Those are really the only two issues I can think of.
  5. papped

papped New Member

Haven't had any problems with my Q9C, and I do a lot of tweaking, app installs, etc.

Mobipush. This sets up basically any email account as an EAS account (free). That plus windows live push means you get 2 methods of push email.
  6. taseedorf

taseedorf New Member

well, i havent had any problems. dust issues are user dependant...as far as freezing..etc.. that comes from poorly written code in third party apps....people try to do hacks..install all sorts of third party programs...try just keeping defaults...no freezing ever :)
  7. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I have a Q1 that's two years old with basically no dust. Any idea where the dust is sneaking in on the new model?
  8. Idntknw

Idntknw New Member

I am having major dust issues...

On mine the off button is raised slightly...so..I don't know if that is where the dust is coming in at?...

But...the dust is coming in at the lower right hand of my screen...
  9. papped

papped New Member

I'm thinking it comes in from that space along the right side of the red button.

The gap is fairly large and part of it raises up when you use the hard keys.

Might be able to reduce the amount of dust going in there if you have a screen protector that covers that gap...
  10. Jeremyl04

Jeremyl04 New Member

I just got my Q9c on Monday, the only problem I have is I can't put the damn thing down! Hahah it's just so awesome, so many apps and what not. Really good stuff.

One tiny minor issue with Live Search is it locks up Task Manager if you don't Menu->Exit. That's the only thing I've noticed though.
  11. weee96

weee96 New Member

Every phone has problems, its something people tend to forget. Even the best phones out there will have hiccups and things not work exactly right all the time, its the nature of the smartphone as it is with computers. I have not had any major issues with mine, all the problems have been very easy to fix and the benefits and fun of the phone completely outweigh the issues.
  12. Qyou

Qyou New Member

We have both had our q9c's since February. No dust under the screens. We have invisible shields on the screen and softkey areas. We sometimes have lockup issues, but not very often. We are very happy with our q9c's so far.
  13. 2slow2run

2slow2run New Member

i just want to say that the world isnt perfect...theres a problem everywhere -_- get use to it
  14. Zombiac

Zombiac New Member

Mine has been going just fine with one minor freeze up due to installing and removing apps constantly but all that was needed was a simple reboot after all it does run windows.

Other than that haven't had any issues but a little dust inside the screen which for me being so technical I'm just going to open it and spray it out with some compressed air.
  15. thangee

thangee New Member

the biggest problem with my q9c is its all scratched n scufffed in the corners, due to me dropping it (twice)..

:angry::angry::angry:
  16. coney718

coney718 New Member

Thanks for all the positive responses. I finally picked one up the other day to replace my Curve. In all honesty I like my Curve better overall but since I dont have to pay a extra $30 on Sprint to use the Q9c this will definitely do for now because I get free power vision. I like phone, has some nice features. The extended battery bump is not as bad as I though but I will still need to get the standard battery and door so it can fit in my case. Everything seems to be working well so far, no issues yet, only thing I out on it so far was the jbed, opera mini, inbox extender and the sMMs hack.