is there anyone who doesn't have problems with Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by coney718, May 21, 2008.

1. coney718

coney718 New Member

is there anyone who doesn't have problems with Q9c?

I've been reading these forums for days now and it seems like the Q9c is a very problematic phone. Either dust issues, or freezing problems. Many people here are on their 2nd, 3rd or even 4th Q's. Is there anyone that has the phone that never had any major issue with it, thats still on their first one? I was really thinking about getting one but all these issues i'm reading about is making me really second guess it.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

that would be me. never had any major issues just one minor one with facade (but there's an easy work around). Never had dust under the screen, just in the backlight sensor (easy to fix). Basically, my Q9c has been "working like a champ" since december.
  3. brent567

brent567 New Member

ive never had any problems with my q. ive have had it since december and no problems so far. i use it eveyday for hours and i can only remember once that it has frozen on me. its the best phone ive ever used.
  4. jauger

jauger New Member

Cant seem to ever put my Q9C down, Love this phone..Only problem I had was 1 freeze and that was from a bad plug-in...Gotta say this phone is worth every penny....
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

also remember people come here to work out issues...not work out issues they dont have
    so you will see more problems than not
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

well, some of us come here to help others with their issues...
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yes that too
  8. coney718

coney718 New Member

You're right about that. But I just read some many negative things I need to hear a few positive stories lol. I know everybodys Q9c cant be defective
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Mine's been working great since November (when they first came out on Sprint)!
  10. user731

user731 New Member

my q works great even after getting wet! had a little accident this morning and I had to wash my q off in the sink. Still works great!
  11. mountainwampus

mountainwampus Member

I'm on my first q9c. 3 months old. It works like a champ. I had one problem with CandleLight. Had to do a master reset. But it was my own fault. I have never experienced a freeze, though I routinely purge the task manager to free up memory. There's dust under the screen but it's not visible unless I'm outside. The battery life is amazing! I listen to internet radio all day at work and in my car. Best smartphone available from sprint.
  12. Munan

Munan New Member

I do not have any issues with mine. I think it's probably the singlemost useful phone I've ever had. I wish other people had clones of my phone.
  13. glorify

glorify Member

Never had a problem with mine. Have installed many, many apps. I don't know if it's luck or my ensuring that the phone files are clean. I try to install apps on my storage card, ensure when removing programs, I go to add/remove proggys thru active sync, Keep an eye on running resources, and use utilities to clean the files. It's just like you home pc. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.

BTW, Ihave had it for roughly 3 mos. and I have no dust in the screen because I keep it in the moto sideways holster and clean the face every night with a camera lens cleaning cloth.

After reading this, I have come to the conclusion I have OCD.
  14. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh New Member

I too have been nothing but tickled pink with my Q9c. I was a Q owner since day 1, and I finally upgraded a few weeks ago. Dicounting a few minor annoyances, this is an awesome phone. I miss my IR Transciever, but I can work around it.
  15. coney718

coney718 New Member

Thats good to hear. You guys are making me feel alot better about buying one now. i have a BB Curve which I love but I cant justify the extra $30 for the BB plan anymore so I was looking at the Q9c since it has a similar form factor and nice keyboard
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Sounds like case closed? :)
  17. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Q9c been going strong since January. Never a lock up nor any major issues. much better than the crackberry and palm I used to own from sprint!
  18. masterdelusion

masterdelusion New Member

Mine hasn't been too bad. I noticed fa├žade caused some issues with my phone, battery life. After I stopped using it, things went along smoothly.
    I love the gps with google and wls. Makes my life a hell of a lot easier.
  19. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from a BB, (as I've never had one but have heard good reports about), but I was saying again today how my Q9c has been rock solid, and I've been constantly using it. The only thing that bothers it is some programs tend to hang, not the phone or OS. I've had all the HTC models, and this has been the most reliable device yet (and I liberally use TEP).
  20. bnm81002

bnm81002 New Member

the BB Curve was the other phone I was considering along with the Q9C but I couldn't justify paying an extra $30 a month plus the monthly phone plan which made the decision much easier for me, the Q9C, no extra $30/month for BB service, plus if you do have problems with the Q9C, you can come here for help and support, which makes the Q9C an easy buy for me :thumbup: :w00t: