Is there an SMS-based Instant Messaging client that supports Google Talk (jabber)?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by bigwh00p, Nov 29, 2007.

1. bigwh00p

bigwh00p New Member

Is there an SMS-based Instant Messaging client that supports Google Talk (jabber)?

Just as the title says, I'm looking for an SMS-based Instant Messagiing client that supports Jabber (Google Talk more specifically). I recently jumped onto Sprint's SERO plan and got unlimited data and unlimited SMS in my plan.

All the IM clients I've found require a constant internet connection and I would rather not have that as that drains my battery.

Is there such a program out there? I've read that there are AIM / ICQ / MSN / Yahoo clients that do this, but none for google talk.

Thanks!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont believe that there are any IM clients out there that use SMS
  3. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

I'm no coder by any means, but it would be sweet if someone created an app that utilizes SMS for aim or other IM services. See http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archi...does_has_ichataim_m.html?CMP=OTC-7G2N43923558 for ways to log onto AIM via sms...im assuming since Extreme Text has figured out how to access the text messaging db on the Q, one might be able to implement this AIM over SMS into a nice little GUI :)