Is there a Java VM I can use to get the new Google Mobile to work on my Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by mtrawczy, Nov 7, 2006.

1. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Just click on the trial download link and follow along. Eventually you'll get to the download page.
  2. girltechies

girltechies New Member

So I'll click on the "MIDP-AMS icon...it'll take me to "Gmail-1.1.0"....I'll click on Actions, then Launch...it'll take me to the Gmail page asking for Username and Password. Is this how you guys get Gmail Mobile to work as well? Also, is there a way that it'll remember my username and password (because I have to put them in everytime).
  3. shaffert

shaffert New Member

Is there anyway I can download an application directly to my phone that will let me download the gmail mobile app? I can't currently connect my phone to my computer to download programs to it. I've tried to go to some of the links posted in this thread through my phone, but it won't let me download.

Thanks.
  4. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm another person trying to get the GMAIL app to run on my Q by using the IBM Java VM, however while it's all on my Q when I rune the JVM and choose to install it comes back with the error: -

An exception occured
    Then the file location
    downloading from
    The the file location again

I've double checked that the location of the file is correct and even tried a couple of different .jad file but with no success, can anyone offer any suggestions as there are many other Java apps I'd like to make use to also.

Thanks in advance

Craig
  5. callado4

callado4 New Member

I was actually able to create a cab file that I was able to download and install on my phone. But it wasn't the latest version of the JVM, plus the fonts looked weird so I will try to create one with the latest JVM and see how it looks. Once I am satisfied I will create a link to it somewhere.
  6. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

GOOD DEAL! :2cool:
  7. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member