Is there a CD that comes with the Jack?

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by chuckh1958, Aug 30, 2010.

1. chuckh1958

chuckh1958 New Member

Is there a CD that comes with the Jack?

I received an AT&T Samsung Jack SGH-I637 from my company but without any software. Is there a CD that is supposed to come with it? Can I download the CD from somewhere? I have been Googling for it for days now and can't find it.

I already have ActiveSync 4.5 and that works with the Jack but I think there are other drivers that I need. For example the USB modem option does not work. I when I set the USB connection on the phone to MODEM and connect it no USB modem shows up in the network connections and I get no option for installing one.

I downloaded some drivers from Samsung but that didn't fix the problem with the USB modem.

Also when I try to pair my laptop and phone via bluetooth I get an error on the laptop "connection from [my_device_name] has been denied" even though I've entered the same PIN on both.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

No there is no CD that comes with the phone.
  3. chuckh1958

chuckh1958 New Member

Are there any other drivers needed? I downloaded SGH_i637_Port_Driver_2.0.3.6 from the Samsung web site and it installed it, but when I set the phone to usb modem and connect the phone to the laptop with the usb cable I get the familiar message about searching online for a driver. I click Yes and it cant find any driver and I am left with no way to use the phone as a usb modem. Also, if I use activesync (4.5) and enable connection sharing in activesync, I get no connect
  4. Jack Man

Jack Man New Member

Yes, there is a CD that comes with the Jack. Unless you have removed security on the phone there's really notheing else useful on the CD. The modem driver is only usefull if you remove security to enable the internet sharing app on the phone. It won;t work without some hacking.

several forums explain how to do this by editing the registry. You'll need a cab file called ClearSecurity, MS Security Configuration Manager and Mobile Registry Editor.
  5. chuckh1958

chuckh1958 New Member

I've unlocked the security. Any chance you could either share a copy of the CD or point me to a copy? Thanks.
  6. djjerky

djjerky New Member

Hey, I made an iso of my Jack disc and compressed it. Here is the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/418711370/JACK___.7z The archive is in .7z format, so you will need a program like jZip or 7-Zip to extract the image. But it can only be downloaded 10 times, so if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll get a new link.
  7. chuckh1958

chuckh1958 New Member

Thanks. Just saw this update today. Hopefully the file is still there.
  8. chuckh1958

chuckh1958 New Member

They really need to change the name from "rapid"share to "raped"share. If you want anything faster than a snail 's pace you need to pay. Been downloading for almost an hour so far and not even 1/2 done. Once I have the ISO I'll start seeding it via bittorrent and put it up on the demonoid tracker. Anything would be faster than rapidshare.
  9. chuckh1958

chuckh1958 New Member