Is The Battery Life Really That Poor, or Is It Just My Phone?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by lilsnatch07, Jan 9, 2008.

1. udratherbme

udratherbme New Member

Well I have an issue as well it may be a little long but her goes.....

I have a Q and My wife have a Q... over the Christmas holiday we experience horrible battery life due to the area we visited, EVDO was not available, plus on the best day our signal strength was 2 bars.... we have the sprint email work around for picture mail and it checks about 1nce an hour...... we both had Yahoo 2 go and my battery was shot to crap... it lasted every bit of 4-6 hours w/o a charge, I uninstalled mine my battery life came back for about 2 weeks... I could have 4 battery lines for 6-8 hours and thats while talkin and texting.... well I decided to DL the Fascade trial just to see how it works and stuff, I'm doing the same thing I was doin last week and Battery life is going to the bad life again, but funny thing is.. my wife's phone keeps 4 battery lines for upto 8 hours and she talks and sends texts all day... what gives.... i was told if plugins are on the storage card it gives the phone a bad time but my wife has yahoo 2 go on her storage card and she's doin better than I am.............. help
  2. cornelious2

cornelious2 New Member

If you search this thread you will find info on getting into your field test menu. I have verizon so I don't know how to do it on sprint. but in that menu after you activate it, you dial ##* and in that new menu you can turn evdo off while you are in an area without evdo. that should increase your signal a ton. Another thing I found is pulling your battery and plugging it back in has nearly trippled my battery life.