is it my physical device or OS itself ?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Htet Naing Lynn, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Hello all,

I travels mostly underground and that's when I expect my phone to be working properly , surf net and entertain myself becuz that's everyday and i got a rather long distance to cover. The point is, once my HTC HD7 3G isn't working once i'm underground. It appears that other phones BB, iphone users seem to be able to surf net. Has any of you been experiencing this problem ?? Internet browser keep saying dns error blah blah blah. Facebook apps saying there's no internet connection in fact there's and i can still see the network bar on top and it's just good. Is there anyway to increase the network antenna usage or some sort so that it will be able to cover a wide range of area or something like that so i can surf net underground but not ya know read some pdf file offline.
  2. RobR

RobR Member

I have an HD7 also and I find that the wireless antenna is weak so perhaps it is a hardware issue with antennas in general. My wireless router is in the basement and I work out of my office on the second floor. Both my iPhone and PC Laptop are able to connect to the wireless without issue but although the HD7 will connect to the wireless it cannot surf the internet etc. The interesting thing is when I plug it in I seem to be able to access the internet albeit VERY slowly. Looks like we have a related problem on the same hardware device.
  3. Jack L Bonner

Jack L Bonner New Member

I have trouble connecting with wifi as well in my house. I have a one story and once I go into the bathroom, it disconnects from the wifi. So Im guessing its the hardware in the HD7. If not, maybe this update in March will fix it.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

That's probably one gripe I have about HTC phones. Their antennas are kind of on the weak side. The Surround is the 3rd HTC phone I've owned and there antennas all seem weaker in places where my other phones have no trouble getting a signal, like in a basement. Dare I compare it to the iPhone's antenna? Yes I do...
  5. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

I was hoping it could have been OS issue. Since everyone kinda thinking it has to do with the hardware. Then I guess we dun have much options to fix this problem but to get a new device. 2 bad.