Is an Egg, meat?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Der Alta, Jan 16, 2008.

?

Are Eggs considered Meat?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2008.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. cheri

cheri Active Member

eeeww lol. I hear that! We had one like that year before last. Never seen projectile vomit before that. Couldnt help but laugh...hey when ur blowing out both ends its ok to ask for some phenergan. Helps with the nausea too.
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Well, this'll be the final update on this little experiment for me. I reach my goal in three days, Saturday Morning and that'll be it.

"What Have I Learned"
    Not much. I will note that Veggie Burgers still horrid. Even with Condiments on top, you just can't kid yourself into thinking you're eating the real thing. On the other hand, the Chicken products are actually quite good. I was pleasently suprised at their taste. Those will likely stay in the new diet, as they're simple, easy and tasty.

I also learned that I was likely taking in more caffeine than I used. There were no withdrawal symptoms, and no lingering sidee effects. Of course, there were no side effects while I was taking it either. I was probably spending too much money on the drinks and pills when I didn't need to. That portion of my diet will change as well.

The Booze didn't have an effect either. I slept the same, woke up the same, worked the same. I did miss it's social implications and taste though. There were a few nights that I would have enjoyed a good SoCo on the rocks.

"What changed"
    Only one big thing. I have come to the realization, that I have become a morning Person. I am no longer a Creature of the Night. I was, and I really loved it. But with turning from Architecture, to Construction, my hourse shifted. I rise at about 4am and am ready for bed at 8/9pm. This didn't change with the diet, but was the final brick in the wall. The tough part, is that many of my friends, including the Missus are night owls. And so begins the big change.

Other than that, nothing changed. I lost a few pounds, but that was in the first week and can be contributed to the lack of fat/Booze/bloating. I don't sleep any better, I don't sleep any worse. I'm no more tired or more awake than before. I've no more energy or less. Nothing's really different.

The Big Question
    Will I return to my old ways? I'm debating going on the Atkins diet for two months in a few weeks. I figure one extreme to the other would be an appropriate change. That ought to shock my body into a dietary earthquake. Will I return to the mass quantities of Booze and caffeine? Not in those quantities, but I'll be a bit more congicent of how much I take in.

If I jump on the Atkins diet, I'll keep you posted (not that anyone wants to follow;) ). BTW, Dr. Atkins is my hero?
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

Im waiting for how St Patty's day went. Wasnt that the crecendo of this? I could be mistaken ;)

Also, Atkins is a great weight to lose weight fast for alot of people. Gotta add the carbs back slowly (for most people) or you will blow up and maybe even then some. I like protien best anyway it is an easy "lifestyle" for me to take a hold of rather than the alternatives.

Do tell how things go along. After reading all your posts though It is hard to imagine what might be challenging for you. You seem to be so adaptable...maybe super human lol. Nothing seems to shake you up though.
  4. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Actually, I ended it on the Saturday before. Nice big Bacon/Eggs/Sausage breakfast with a Redbull. Then, after work, we got the Grill going and I did up a nice Black Angus Steak with some Chicken Drumsticks. They were fantastic. And of course, while grilling, I broke out the Southern Comfort. Glass/w Ice and SoCo.

We drank until about 1am and ate great dead animals, along with a nice fire in the fire pit. It was fantastic. After killing nearly 1/2 of a big bottle of SoCo, and the massive amounts of meat, I woke the next morning with a slight headache, that cleared out by 10am. No different than previous times. My tolerance hasn't changed one bit. In fact, my drinking buddies were still amazed that I was, after 7 weeks dry, not only still standing but fully coherent and not slurring.

At some point I suppose I should be concerned that I can physically do that at 35 years old.

But I've not returned to my nightly 2 drink minimum, nor have I returned to my caffeine intake. I could and probably be more functional, but I can maintain a level of functionality that's better than most of the guys that I work with and not intake the caffeine.

As for the weight loss, I think that I really have to manage my meal size. That'd likely be the key to loosing the weight and keeping it off. It's just the meat is so tasty.

I recently tried the new "American Honey" and it is very enojyable. Althought I do prefer the bite of a stronger bourbon. It could easily turn into a "Neat at Night" drink for me.

I've got a bit more life evaluating as the lifestyle change for 7 weeks was a new experience and wasn't entirely unpleasent.

Who knows?

At least I have this thread to document how it all went.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

It appeard that it did stop early. Was just checking.

Yeah that amount of intake of alcohol is rather impressive. It must be genetic because its not the norm.

I was just curious.

Thank you for documenting!

Meat is good, no veggie diet for me.