Is an Egg, meat?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Der Alta, Jan 16, 2008.

?

Are Eggs considered Meat?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2008.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. cheri

cheri Active Member

You are so lucky with the lack of withdrawls. Like I said before I think you have an iron constitution!

Ive been married almost 20 years so TV although sounds tempting...I dunno still a hard bargain. The thing I bet is you have to give up sex completely, not just with your partner. I dont think Ill go into that any further.

I am glad you are doing well. I doubt I could manage to do all that at one time.
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

3. cheri

cheri Active Member

LOL that is a keeper!
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

sounds like your doing pretty good with the diet.

been married over 10 years, wonder when they will deliver my IMAX?

*ignores cheri's fine print*
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

What fine print, I dont whisper here.
  6. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

i know, you type here :)
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

mike, what fine print?
    nevermind its useless thumbing
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

[urll=http://party.kaboose.com/images_90_70/paw_print_cake_rdax_64x70_65.jpg]A clue![/url]

..3rd sentance, first post this page. :)
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

cant get it on mi Q mike :-(
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

yeah, keyboard on my Q goin to poo..

>on topic

keep up the determination, your almost there
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

oh damn ur gonna need a new "Q" cuz no sence replacing the keyboard!

Hey blue and helping me out today so get to the point. jk

like i said neva mind
  12. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Well, 4 weeks down and I'm doing fine. I will admit that I've had the urge to have a stiff drink on a night or two last week. Just because the day was crap and the missus wasn't pleasent either.

I tried a Veggie burger last week for a change and it wasn't bad. Wasn't great either, and was more of a tease. This morning I'm a bit tired and I know a shot of caffeine would crank me back up to top speed. That's the tough part, knowing that it would help, but I can't do it.

Multiple studies have stated that it takes 2-4 weeks for Caffeine to clear out of your system, so I should be through any chance of withdrawals at this point. Now, it's just to resist the temptation to crack being more than halfway.

It didn't help that the we went out for lunch and she had a Beer, fried clam strips and Baked Scallops. Later that night, my downstairs neighbor was in the mood for margaritas, and knowing my penchant for a good one, he asked me to make up a pitcher. Easy enough, bt it still smelled really good.

ANyways, 3 more weeks to go.

I've actually decided to end this little experiment early on March 15th instead of the 17th. That gives me the weekend to "get into Character".
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

At least someone will be having a good time that weekend. I'll be stuck in a Division Dining Out with a bunch of stuffy officers.
    I commend you on the fabulous will power DA! Great job.
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

I know Der Alta has some willpower!
    Why do officers get so stuffy...they were not always officers!
    Some of the stories my boy told me ROFL.
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Usually the younger officers and the ones in the general's staff are ok. But we in the band interact with our CG more than the "average" soldiers do.
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

good job thus far :thumbsup:

do you think you will go back to many of the same things, or just in more moderation?

@ cheri

officers are typicaly worthless until they reach captain. My old XO was lost leading a brigade exercise. He was driving around the drop zone for hours until his driver suggested he turn the map rightside up. Old saying is true, can't spell lost without LT :)
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

I see, so they are just like everyone else but with a title, and the authority.
  18. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

ehhh, quite a few come right outa college and have never worked a hard day. They quickly learn that what is in a book doesn't always translate to the feild/real world. Similar to a young person given a managment job with no clue what the company does.

DA
    I stopped eatig pork a few years back, and aside from an occasional buger or roast beef samich, no beef either. Granted the smell is very appealing, the taste is often dissapointing. Memories and reality aren't quite the same sometimes. c- wife
  19. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I hadn't really thougth too much about what happens afterwards. I had hoped to see a difference in my body and my life, but that hasn't happened. I dropped about 10 lbs and the scale hasn't moved. That 10 lbs was in the first week, which leads me to assume it was water weight.

The biggest change I think that will happen afterwards, is adding more veggies to my diet. I've been able to expand my food intake and I can easily adjust to that aspect.

As for XO's and LT's I spent 9 years in the Reserve and rarely did I ever find one that "street smart". Most were out of college and full of themselves, and it wasn't until years later that they had figured out a few things. Rank doesn't buy respect. Rank requires respect and it was given, but earned respect for an officer was unmatched.
  20. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Well I don't have your willpower DA, but ended up on a virus-imposed diet of sorts.... stomach virus, for about 10 days.

I either couldn't hold it down on one end, and couldn't stop it from flowing at the other end...LMAO

After that 10 days, I went from 225 dopwn to about 205!!

Talk about flushing everyhing out of your system!!!'........ wasn't pleasant but it worked..LOL