Is an Egg, meat?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Der Alta, Jan 16, 2008.

?

Are Eggs considered Meat?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2008.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

The Missus knows full well the withdrawal syptoms and is aware of the irritability that can be present. She's tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking, drinking and caffeine. She's succeeded on one, has reduce another and keeps going on the last. Sometimes quitting is too much.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

How is it going so far?
  3. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

First day went fine. Other than the missus asking if teh reason why I was doing this, was because I'd cracked and lost my marbles.

No withdrawal, no excessive sleepiness, no shaking. Although sitting down do watch the Presidents Speech did make me want to have a drink. Instead, I decided to go to bed.

I figure it'll be a few days before the meat craving kicks in, as well as the Caffeine fully burns clean of the system. This being Superbowl weekend, its expected that we all hav a few drinks, and I'll be the only one (other than DD's) that aren't drinking.

So far, so good.
  4. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

By Vegan standards, the Egg would be of limits.

Personally, I don't think it is.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

Glad to hear your doing well DA!
  6. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

It's time for an update.

I've managed the first week with few problems. I was the only one at the Game Party last night not having a drink. I was also the only one, not having any of the chili that I had cooked. I did however squirrel away a good portion into the freezer for after the experiment.

I've not had a bit of withdrawal from the caffeine, and no craving for meat or alcohol. Although driving by Smokey Bones on the way home is a tough sway. I can say that the missus has not been a bit of help in this little exercise. I had to stop at the liquor store three times this weekend to pick up beer/booze for her and the party. Plus, she proceeded to get trashed last night. Her sister brought Caffeinated Snickers bars to the party for a late night snack for any DD's. Yes, I only discover that after I've quit.

Staying up late last night, has taken it's toll this morning. I'm not as awake as I was last week this early. I'll have to compensate my sleep schedule for that. And Monday is the only night of the week with Decent TV on. Except for Smallville on Thursday.

But, I digress. Thanks for the support and having a spot on the web to keep me in check.
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Glad to know that you aren't having any ill effects. And gotta give you props on the willpower!! Keep up the good work!
    I am still going strong and get to check my measurements on the 9th. I can tell I have lost some just don't know how much yet. I am going more by inches than weight.
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

You have been doing great! Thanks for the update.
    Its really impressive
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I am on day 3 of detoxing from my 12 diet cokes a day habit. Had to have caffeine and that was always available. Not sitting at my desk sharpening my claws anymore and the guys think I am approachable again!! Wasn't bad, no big headache or anything it just a "thing" I got used to doing. I just really missed it at lunch.
    How's THR doing?
    We had an update from DA. and I know you are going thru a rough time right now but ....how are you doing?
    Need hugs?
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

After yesterdays discussion with a hepatologist. Im definately considering not drinking from plalastic again..that includes cans and bottled water.

I dont usually make a date or tell any one exactly when im going to start training...i just do it. Maybe change my mind after coming here tho lol.
  11. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

A hug is ALWAYS appreciated!! I am doing all right. Still on my workout regimen and doing pretty good with it. I can see a difference in my clothes already so that's encouraging.

I am looking into tattoo designs because that is going to be my reward to myself and new tattoo on my stomach. (hey, any excuse will do):tounge:
  12. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Nuts. Just found out that nearly all chocolate has caffeine.

Dammit.
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Poor thing, giving up soda is one thing but giving up chocolate would be brutal!!
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

Courtesy of a hepatologist we spoke to on Monday. No one should drink out of plastic bottles whether its water soda or anything at all.

Not that this link says exactly what he said, but its similar....
    He also concluded the discussion by saying that people who are trying to lose weight who drink out of plastic bottles (or cans that have plastic coatings inside) need reduce their caloric intake to 800 calories a day, rather than the recommended 1200.

I have yet to find the documentation on this though. Since he sees alot of livers and knows more about body chemistry and what not than anyone else i know. I Could give it a try and see what happens. Never know....wouldnt hurt lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ess.html?in_article_id=379624&in_page_id=1798
  15. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

OOhhhh... Guess what I've got?

It's a Disorder!
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

It took 170 years to come to this conclusion? If they were anywhere near me the first part of the week I would have been a good "case study" subject.
    (((mmmeeee wwwiiithhhooouuutt mmmyyy dddiiieeettt coookkkeeee))))
    So? How's is your "disorder" coming along? I'm past all this but still want to reach for chocolate. (I know-caffeine) and I'm not a choco freak.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

people do have withdrawls from coffee. Headaches, irritability..some people can go #2. Mr Der Alta is blessed he hasnt felt it, we arent all so lucky

I am thru with coffee/caffeine on a regular basis. i will have some like after a meal for Turkey day or something, i just got tired of the dependency, cost and the crash.

Im not surprised they want to label another disorder....some pharma is probably working on a pill for caffeine withdrawl lol
  18. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Well, week three is over and done. No Side effects from the Caffeine. Everything I've read on line said I should be suffering through it for the past two weeks. And many other studies show that I should be through my dependency by the end of the fourth week. There are days like today, that I stayed up a bit too late last night and got up too early, that I could use a good shot of caffeine. Feeling a bit sluggish, but that could be the weather.

I've had no problem with Vegetarian Diet at all. My system adjusted quite fine. I will note, that I do have a bit of an increased longing for steak, and chicken. My wife had Chicken wings the other night and they smelled so good.

I will note, that I would have enjoyed a nice drink last night. Watching a movie and enjoying some quiet time it would have finished the evening off nicely. And after work today, it would have been nice to stop and have maragarita on the way home.

Just a bit stressful on the job site today.
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

well ur making it through your challenge fine. I dont know if its really enough of a challenge though for you, what do you think?
  20. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

When starting this, I had hoped to lose weight while I was doing it, but it seems like I haven't done much with that. You'd think that removing the Baconators and Double Cheeseburgers would have helped, but very little change in my weight.

I did think that would be a bit of a challenge, but not having any withdrawal from the caffeine has made it easier than expected. Also, the Booze wasn't much of a challenge either. Although none of my friends have been supportive in that area.

I not sure what challenge is next. I suppose the internet is the only real addiction I could give up for a month. Although it really is necessary for my job.

I wonder if there are things that others would give up.

There recently was a poll in the UK about Sex vs. TV size. Along the lines of Give sex up for a week, get a 12" LCD TV. Give it up for a month, get a 22", 3 months = 36", 6 months = 47". A year would garner you a 80" or something ridiculous.

Considering I've been in the same relationship for nearing 8 years, I'd have a HUGE TV.