Iphone Vs Moto Q (and other smartphones)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mouseboots, Jul 7, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

quite possible..

would be nice for me also.. but with the current air fares it might be a while before I will visit the motherland :]
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

haha yea your probably right...
    i doubt ill be over seas in the near future...but always nice to have
    used to have to fly in to canada to do work in way way way north NY so i couldnt use my phone when i was stuck in the ottawa airport...so it would be nice...
    but not essential
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

Yeah, Napoleon...of all the historical figures...oh well...the blue is kinda snazzy but thinking Q9c around the holidays (at least that is what man kid tells me) :D
  4. gmardre

gmardre New Member

I bot my son an iPhone last Friday. I have a first gen. Q. There is no comparison, and that is being kind. It works. It has Wi-Fi. It has GPS. It is a good "phone". And music player. And video/movie player. No hacks to make youtube work. All sort of email options. Fast, both in speed of apps and with the network.

It's really really cool.

g
  5. kogama

kogama Active Member

..........But you still like your Q better of course...right?
  6. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

The iPhone 3G is very cool, but lacks real time navigation. There will be some nifty apps for the GPS, but none as useful as route guidance. Of course, there are rumors of a route guidance app. That being said, I find it hard to believe it's coming when Steve Jobs didn't mention anything regarding this feature at the keynote.

To be fair, you're judging a 2 year old phone vs a just released iPhone.
  7. kogama

kogama Active Member

So people should just stick with the Q
  8. Mouseboots

Mouseboots New Member

not to be the worm in the apple, but Steve jobs could market the ITurd and everyone from here to mars would just have to have one. I dont need a phone that is cool or the in-thing
    I mean how many candy apple kissers paid the 500-600 dollars for a phone that is now outdated and the new in-thing is only 200 bucks... I laugh every time I see one.... We the land of the sheep lead by the nose to buy a Phone that makes us HIP and COOL. As for hacks on the Moto Q they are not needed its just that people want control of their device. Oh and it looks like there are some third party apps that are turning the IjustgotrippedagainPhone into 200 dollar bricks, but hey your are still cool cause you have one....... And gmardre this is not meant to be personal its just your post brought it to mind.
  9. gmardre

gmardre New Member

NP Mouse.

I have been in the Q camp since th Q was born. I love mine. Had the long discussions in this forum about what to buy then.

Yes, my Q is two years old. I have had a ball hacking it to do just about anythng. And it is fun to do this. I have several browsers. Can do youtube. It's been fun.

All I'm saying, is that ...sometimes it is hard for an owner of one device to admit that another is cool ( like cars, etc ) and I think the iphone is going to revolutionize the whole phone market. It is that different and neat.

g
  10. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

To extent, that's already happen. I just hope the manufacturers stray too far into iLand. Choice is good. I think they should take some design cues (ie. Safari), but I hope they don't spend too much time mimicing the iPhone. When I see RIM chasing Apple with the Thunder, I wonder if they should simply focus their efforts on improving their bread and butter --- QWERTY based email machines. Then again, they do have the Bold coming out which is a tried and true BlackBerry.
  11. kogama

kogama Active Member

The iphone has done some good no great things for all phone lovers--because of the iphone many manufacturers wanted to top it-resulting in them making phones they all labeled iphone killer-instinct ( result of wanting to top the iphone- named iphone killer )

samsung omnia ( result of wanting to beat the iphone- labeled iphone killer )

and maybe even the thunder is the result of that
  12. PhoneQuest

PhoneQuest New Member

you know what is a great interactive site for viewing the MOTO Q9c features, motodanica.com. It allows you to take a virtual/3d tour of the phones specs. I just really find that model attractive, plus, it came in two colors. Lime and Licorice. Anyone think the Lime looked good?
  13. Mouseboots

Mouseboots New Member

I guess I am just turned off of Apple because of so many candy apple kissers cry over the Microsoft monopoly , yet The Iphone can only be used on ONE (AT&T) provider with out hacking it. And the fact that the herd of sheep that fall for the whats new from the apple tree mind hold scam. Lets face it as I said before Steve Jobs could come out with the next new Iphone in a week and the million plus that just bought one will stand in line like mindless lumps of goo to pay what ever he says for it. And I can be hip just by sporting the white ear-buds giving the hey I am cool too nod when ever I see someone else wearing them. I just don't drink from the fad,fashion,and trend watering hole because it will leave a bad taste in your mouth every time. Just ask the people that bought the first Iphone for 599.00 that now get to see their friends get one for 199.00.
  14. gmardre

gmardre New Member

I do hear you, Mouse. Somehow, Apple invaded my house...probably through my children. So, I got over all that Jobs Envy stuff. My Q will do most anything, it just takes many button pushes, maybe a reboot or two. They are just two different devices.

Remember: "It only seems kinky the first time."

g
  15. Mouseboots

Mouseboots New Member

I hear ya I do. I am just complaining because I am locked into a contract with my provider and AT&T service sucks here. Cause I would have an Iphone in a sec......no I am just kidding! But I like the way you think. And the kinky line made me chuckle just when I needed it so thank you for that.
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

Made me chuckle at an opportune moment as well :)
  17. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

From what my ATT subscribing relatives told me, if you are in contract LESS than 18 mos, you don't get the special 'upgrade' pricing of $199.
    It's MSRP for u.