Invisible or hidden "new" text?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by sahshansven, Feb 5, 2010.

1. sahshansven

sahshansven New Member

Invisible or hidden "new" text?

Hello!
    My 1 year old (and recently hard-reset) Q 9c froze up last night while sending a text message. Ever since, it's showing that I have 1 NEW txt message, but all (about 15 saved) of the messages in the inbox are marked as read. I have deleted all SENT and DELETED messages and there is nothing saved in drafts, etc.. otherwise. Any ideas on how I can reset the "new" indicator since it's obviously gone nutty?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Boredpianoman

Boredpianoman New Member

Welcome to eWM! Have you checked that you have no other msgs pending? Check to see if you might have a new MMS that perhaps was never opened.
  3. sahshansven

sahshansven New Member

Nothing there either....

Thanks boredpianoman, but there's nothing there either. I wiped my phone 2 weeks ago and have almost nothing stored in any of the 2 email accts and nothing in MMS either. Being a Virgo, it drives me NUTS to have anything "pending" or unread in my folders, so this false "1 NEW msg" alert on my homescreen drives me up a tree.
    Very weird.... I agree.
    Thanks!
  4. Boredpianoman

Boredpianoman New Member

Ok. perhaps there might be some other things that are pending from an account you set up through AS/WMDC. Or, there is a setting to mark things you've already read as unread, therefore triggering this "1 NEW msg" flag. BTW who is your carrier?
  5. sahshansven

sahshansven New Member

I'm on Verizon. I'm not familiar with the acronym you used. I have no other accts set up on the phone other than 2 gmail accounts. I even "reread" the 10 read txt messages I have in my inbox.
    Just looked up AS/WMDC and I haven't set up any new boxes/accts through that either. Haven't synched the phone since the hard reset 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Will try to sync tonight and see what happens.
  6. Boredpianoman

Boredpianoman New Member

AS=Active Sync for XP. WMDC=Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista/7 users.
    You might want to talk to Verizon and ask if there are any msgs pending which have not arrived to your phone up to this point.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

8. sahshansven

sahshansven New Member

YEAH!!
    Thanks n99hockey!!! (nice id BTW)
    That was SUPER and took care of it. I just had to extract/run it twice before it worked! Whew!
    I'll keep that loaded in case it happens again. That was just weird!
    All is once again right with the world. Although I'd LOVE to upgrade from windows 6, but I'm running Missing Sync on my mac at home. Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't figuredf out how to download the .exe file to update the windows OS on my phone with that. Any suggestions? Do I need to just skip my computer and try to download/run from the web?
    Thanks!
    KNHL (Yes, a huge hockey fan!)
  9. Boredpianoman

Boredpianoman New Member

Whew!

Glad someone was able to help, I was running out of ideas.:dft011:tounge_out
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

love it when things work out!:dft010:big_smile

not 100% sure about upgrading on a mac
    did you see if there were any other threads on it? maybe you can use someone elses PC to upgrade