Internet Sharing (IntShrui.exe) In Windows Mobile 6.1 On The Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by MidnightHacker, Jun 8, 2008.

1. MidnightHacker

MidnightHacker New Member

Internet Sharing (IntShrui.exe) In Windows Mobile 6.1 On The Q9c

Hello to everyone here, and thanks for this great resource!

I was wondering... Can anybody verify for me that the Internet Sharing app (IntShrui.exe) that was built into Windows Mobile 6.0 on the Q9c still works in Windows Mobile 6.1? Did Sprint cripple it in any way as part of this update? I've had success up to this point in Windows Mobile 6.0 using the built in Internet sharing app on my phone to provide occasional internet access to my mobile PC (no tethering plan, just unlimited data). I hate to do the update if that's going to break...

I tried many times to get PDANet to work well. Nice app and all, but on my Q9c using Bluetooth or USB it was just horrifically slow. Many reinstalls and a master reset later, I just gave up on it. My speeds increase four to five fold using the Internet Sharing app built into the phone (400-500 kilobit compared to around 100 kilobit using Bluetooth and PDANet... Even over USB it was slow (I tested using DSL Reports Mobile Speed Test). The alternative, USBModem worked well enough, but does not support Bluetooth functionality for the Q9c, so that's out.

I searched and read through the forums extensively, but could not find any information specific to the new 6.1 update for the Q9c.

Any help is appreicated!
  2. MidnightHacker

MidnightHacker New Member

I just figured I'd reply to my own post, as I decided to take a chance and have done the upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.1. The Internet Sharing app seems to be working just fine still. Hopefully somebody will find this information useful.
  3. chuck2008

chuck2008 New Member

Thanks for the insight. I am extremely jealous that your internet sharing works without PAM. I have a SERO plan and my internet sharing unfortunately does not function. Back when I had a PPC-6700, internet sharing worked great and was definitely superior to PDANET. Good luck with 6.1.