Internet Sharing and Sprint account

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by SanDiegoSteve, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Boe

Boe New Member

Inquiring minds would like to know...
  2. gisridcub

gisridcub Guest

I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.
  3. theabbotspeaks

theabbotspeaks New Member

Cybric, Please Share!

Cybric, Please tell us what you did to restore your Internet Sharing capability. It seems like a lot of us are getting this Error Code 67 now.
  4. mricketts

mricketts New Member

Cybric!

Talk to us!
  5. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

help!

I hope he comes back and shares what he changed... This feature was one of the main reasons I use my Q9c :(

I hate it when someone posts that they did a fix that works and don't share.
  6. bladeex1

bladeex1 New Member

Yeah really that sucks he didn't share the fix. I just signed on for another two years so on top of calling sprint and complaining about the two hours I spent on the phone with the techs trying to fix this issue they created I would like to know how to fix this issue.

I tried to get these tools to work but couldn't get either to connect to my phone. I installed Pdnet and that works like a champ! So I now don't care so much about the error 67 because now if I start talking to Sprint they may monitor my account so for now PDAnet works for me!
  7. MidnightHacker

MidnightHacker New Member

I talked to Sprint about my recent problems regarding ICS not working and some other data errors I was receiving on my Q9c and they verified that they have been going through turning off this "feature" for all those that specifically don't pay for a PAM plan (which they told me would cost me an additional $45 on top of my $30 SERO plan... HUH?!).

I have used PDAnet and USBModem before with some success. For the amount I was using the ICS (rarely), I suppose they will work. For me though, the speed is maybe a bit better than dial up when I'm using PDANet or USBModem. Have any of you that have used the built in ICS as well as PDANet and/or USBModem noticed how much faster the built in ICS was? If there is some setting to get the other solutions to perform faster, I'd love to know it. My download speeds have dropped easily to a quarter of what they were when using the built in ICS. I noticed this way back before Sprint's recent locking out of the ICS "feature".

It's interesting to me how something I apparently wasn't supposed to have can work for a year and a half, have a shortcut in the phone OS start menu to use it, have no visible way on the Sprint website to add the service, but yet I was/am supposed to pay and extra $45 for it!

SERO was a good deal in it's day, but I'm just not sure what Sprint is trying to accomplish disabling ICS on us... If I were using this for business purposes and I NEEDED PAM, I'd probably just switch to Verizon for a little extra money where I would have extra coverage and be able to call almost everybody for free anyways (they have Verizon). From a peronal point of view, if I got SERO, chances are pretty high I'm not going to shell out an additional $45 a month!

Way to go Sprint. Alienate the few customers you have left. I thought you NEEDED customers. If you think I'm paying an extra $45 a month for something I rarely use you're high on something. Changing a service, whether or not I was "supposed" to have it three quarters the way through my contract and then telling me it will cost me $200 to terminate early should I decide to tell you where to go, or $45 a month to get back what I already had since day one is just plain wrong.

Sorry for the long rant guys... They just really pissed me off over this and I wanted to share my findings with the community. You can all stop wondering why it doesn't work anymore!

Frank
  8. DallasStars

DallasStars New Member

this was one of the few features I liked to have. I hated pdanet because it wouldn't configure via bluetooth and had to install another application on both the phone and pc. This is probably a ploy to force people to look at the new mifi device they're promoting. At 60.00 per month and a 5gb cap, they've got to be kidding themselves.

I guess I'll look into boostmobile's everything plan for 50.00 or the new google android. So long sprint.
  9. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Has anyone tried the reghack and stealth cab that WM-Pro users are using to get ICS working? Are those compatible with WM-Smartphone Edition devices like the Q9c?
  10. Que

Que New Member

So if you were to pay the extra fee for a PAM plan, how would Sprint activate the Internet Sharing feature for you?
    Is it some software that they send you to install on your Q9c, or perhaps even some software (or registry change) that they push out to your phone?

Or is this something that they are able to block or allow on "their end"?
  11. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

Used mine today again. No problem..
  12. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Using ICS straight up or with reg hacks?
  13. Sloonz

Sloonz New Member

I had the same problem. I just downloaded and ran PDAnet and it works now. Screw Sprint. There's always a work around.:dft012:wink
  14. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Haven't needed to tether in months, and wouldn't you know it, the cable internet goes offline tonight for maintenance. I installed PDAnet, but it's noticeably slower than ICS, and a hassle with the PDANet application needed to be running on both the phone and PC.

Anyone figure out any solutions for ICS?
  15. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Well I tried manually adding the registry entries that others suggested for the WMPro phones, no success.

PDAnet seems much more sluggish than ICS, DNS lookups are very slow, feels worse than dialup..

I guess the wizards over ppcgeeks/xdadevs are all running WMPro phones, otherwise I'm sure they'd have figured this one out by now. Anyone still tinkering with this?
  16. isiahil

isiahil New Member

I have found a workaround on the Sprint Mogul that should in theory work for you guys.

1. Make sure the phone is NOT connected to the computer
    2. Open up an Internet connection on the phone. (I start IE and let it load the homepage)
    3. Immediately connect the phone to the computer and start the Internet Sharing application (You have about a minute to do this. After about a minute of inactivity the phone ends its connection with the Internet.)
    4. Share the Internet using the Internet Sharing Application as you normally would.
    5. It should share the Internet like normal.

What is happening is I am basically getting a connection up and going on the phone and then tethering it. If you do it in this fashion, on the mogul at least, the Internet Sharing app uses the connection already established between your phone and the Internet to share the Internet. Using this method Sprint can't tell the difference between your phone using the Internet or you Internet Sharing.
  17. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

I gave that a shot, no luck. Perhaps it was too soon after I last tried it with reghacks, I'll give it a fresh reboot and try again.
  18. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

ics

I just used mine straight up. No problems, didn't have to change anything. Just had to reboot phone when it got disconnected accidently.