Internet Sharing and Sprint account

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by SanDiegoSteve, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve New Member

Internet Sharing and Sprint account

I have a question (may turn into a warning!) with Internet Sharing (Q9c on Sprint).

I've been using the built in WM6.1 Internet Sharing for over a year. I have not had a PAM option. I've been rocking an old plan (Sprint Power Pack Plan) with a data plan (Spring Power Vision Ultimate Pack).

I changed my plan a couple weeks ago. I switched to an Everything with Data plan for the new unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile feature. According to Sprint, this change doesn't take affect until next month.

Well, as of yesterday, my Internet Sharing is failing with "Error Code 67 Registration failure".

Did changing my plan really screw me out of this feature? Or maybe because my account is in some kind of transition state, and it might be ok next month? Is there any magic code / hard reset / reg tricks I should try to reset any IP addresses or account info?

Hopefully I can figure this out, but until then, consider this when considering switching plans!

Thanks.
  2. bladeex1

bladeex1 New Member

Funny enough I haven't switched my service but started having the same issue today after tethering everyday for over a year. I've hard reset and updated my profile a few times with now luck. I've even talked to Sprint about this a today and they reset my account on their side but it's still giving me the same error. I think they have locked something down on their system and not telling people. I'm on the Family Vision plan and have unlimited data. Everything else works fine just not Internet sharing.

Anyone else know more?
  3. SlayJay

SlayJay New Member

I get this error as well. worked all day yesterday for me, but this morning it gives that same "error code 67 registration failure" message...
  4. Boe

Boe New Member

Just checked mine and dido...hav'nt changed my plan for over a year.
  5. masterdelusion

masterdelusion New Member

Same here.

Has anyone tried to use pdanet with the same result?
  6. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

internet sharing

Had no problems using mine today...
  7. Boe

Boe New Member

I've been having problems with my browser lately also, I wonder if Sprint is upgrading their network or experiencing some technical difficulties.
  8. jubes

jubes New Member

Apparently sprint has changed their plans from having Phone As Modem feature on the everything data plan to making it a $15 option. I just got off the phone with a Rep... and apparently, it was never an option, but from what I remember when I switched to this plan which was only June of this year, that it was included.... so is Sprint trying to pull a fast one, most likely yes.
  9. jubes

jubes New Member

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for a call from their mgr. which was almost an hour ago. Sprint = FML :dft006:unhappy
  10. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

as I remember it (I've been on the everything family plan for a while) the Phone as Modem option has always been extra. they just didn't block it, and generally wouldn't notice unless your usage got excessive
  11. Bucket

Bucket New Member

I too received the error code 67 registration failure alert. I guess it won't work anymore. And congratulations on your recent weight loss.
  12. SlayJay

SlayJay New Member

I Just installed PDAnet and it's running like a champ :dft003:cool
  13. thedivinecomedy

thedivinecomedy New Member

About a week about I started having the same problems. Internet wasn't working and the "internet sharing" wouldn't connect. Never could connect. Will prolly be checking out this PdaNet thing.

BTW, checked my billing online and it said I had used around 130MB of data so far on this cycle, since the September 11. Haven't really used that much have I?
  14. Boe

Boe New Member

Option or not...I'm calling them today and getting it added back for free...I seldom use it so it should'nt be a problem. I've been a loyal customer since 2001 and I am not on a contract so it's that or I switch carriers. I'm tired of there BS!
  15. thedivinecomedy

thedivinecomedy New Member

Downloaded and installed PDANet 2.0 and its working great. Only thing is it wont connect to Limewire.
  16. SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve New Member

Let me know how this works. I've been a customer about the same, with no special perks (SERO / customer retention), so I've thought of trying to pull this too.

I mean I pay for an "Everything" plan, so I want it to include everything!
  17. SanDiegoSteve

SanDiegoSteve New Member

Update. Got PDANet. Works good. Here's my speedtest.

[​IMG]
  18. cybric

cybric New Member

registry settings for Internet Sharing

Since this is kind of the same topic, can anyone refresh my memory on the registry settings needed to get Internet Sharing to work?

Thanks
  19. cybric

cybric New Member

I started playing with the registry and finally remembered. Now Internet Sharing is working fine.
  20. rebelx

rebelx New Member

Do tell! I've looked everywhere but cant find a solution to the q9c. this is the closest i've gotten, but the registry keys that need to be deleted are not to be found on the q9c (only mogul, other touchscreen devices).