Internet Explorer Homepage URL from Ozone

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by teddyearp, Sep 5, 2009.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Internet Explorer Homepage URL from Ozone

Forgive me for starting a new thread to ask this question.

Would one of you kind Ozone users please open your Internet Explorer on your Ozone, hit Menu -> Address Bar and then copy/write down the URL address displayed there and post it here for me? Please?

TIA.
  2. engineerdude

engineerdude New Member

My ozone doesn't have that option when I open "MENU".

I use www.google.com as my home page and you can click on "mobile" and it will make it fit nicely on your screen.
  3. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

My guess is the reason you're getting very little by way of responses is that almost everyone reading this forum is a "tweaker." Dumping the pre-loaded homepage, creating my own, and loading up all my favorites was one of the first things I did to make my phone feel like "mine."
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Damn 'tweakers', lol. Thanks.
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Just a thought...if you aren't too far from "brick and mortar" store, they may have the Ozone on display...if so, can you get what you are looking for that way? Those phones can usually access the internet, and they aren't "tweaked"....
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Well, they are, but I go by one every two weeks. I didn't even think of that, because I thought that the display phones were just dummy phones.

I'll give it a shot, thx.
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

nice simple idea stranger! good to "see" your voice again!
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

I'm kind of hard to get rid of! :dft012:wink
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

earp....got it for ya! lame ozone though cant copy/paste from that screen! took pics of the url and will either type or post pics later...
  10. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Many thanks. I went by a VZW store today and not only did they not have an Ozone on display, but all the phones were dummies.
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

Must have been an "authorized retailer" for Verizon, and not a corporate store. I have 2 corporate stores within 5 miles of my home, one in the mall (not a "kiosk", but a full store), and another quite a few on my way to work. Hopefully, you'll get what you need soon! Didn't treefrog say he had it?
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i do...but had to have daughter judy take the close up pic. at my poker night so will post with goods tomorrow!
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

here go earp....the homepage on the ozone at my closest b&m store had! (as long as some other fiddler hadn't changed the stock page)

http://wap.vzw.mcore.com/vzwapp/app/today/default.aspx?

...off topic

flippin VZW! today i deem them :042:steaming_pile

both my kids have samsung glydes. my sons glyde died a couple weeks ago (and had pink water marks) so we took it to the store expecting to pay insurance $50. VZ salestech said $25 cash...here is new glyde with same pink battery and cover. no receipt and salestech put $ in pocket (confirmed by wife and son). at the time my wife thought nothing of the sketchy transaction.

current day: take my daughters glyde in for same dead glyde scenario. actually was there yesterday to see what to do about the broken slider. the guy looks and says no deal, but it looks like you could take these 6 screws out..open the phone and fix it by putting the screws back in the slider (which are still bouncing around the inside of the phone). looked simple so i took it home, carefully repaired it, wont turn on now. took it back just now. i ask about my sons deal and the fact yesterdays tech said i should repair the phone myself. oh nooo....must call assurion...$50. records at VZ show my sons glyde was a warranty replace with no $ paid. ahhah...proves tech put $ in pocket. oh-no...manager says show receipt that you paid the $25. bs i say...something is very fishy at this store or with this salestech. i then just flat told her my wife, who is just flat ballistic over this, will be in tomorrow looking for the managers manager. the store was packed and i already had a few curious customers listening to my accusations. my wife would and will let it all hang out and cause a scene for this so i will happily oblige!

my thoughts at first were...oh well. we got my sons phone replaced for half off...instant replacement at the store...no assurion ordeal...whatever. daughters phone we should have to pay insurance..also pink indicators...whatever. but this manager lady acted like i was trying to scam her and prove it! so....im sicking the wife on the store and we'll see what happens!

...back on topic

and between all the scenes i'm getting your url earp! yesterday i had pics of the url on her phone which i bricked before i could post it. today i just wrote it down at the store...
  14. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Pen and paper beats cell phone camera. Score one for old tech. Yes!
  15. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Well, thanks a bunch, the url gives a server error on my nap, just wanted to try it out.

As for your VZW store, give 'em hell!
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

hmm nothing on CNN about a "unhappy camper" in a verizon store yet. May check the local news later. :)
  17. jandel1313

jandel1313 New Member

hope this helps others that were led here liek I was for a homepage error.

Ok I search for two weeks to see why my htc ozone kept showing a white page with a pink bottom each time I went to the VZW Home from my favorites. This being the most popular web page response from the search engines, I decided to post my experience here. I tried entering the vzw.wap.mcore.com/vzwapp/today/app/default.aspx? manually and I still got a white page with a pink bottom. Finally I called Verizon, and guess what? The tech support guy had no idea how to fix the error. while talking with him he gets another ozone to use as a test device to re-create my error. I tried to enter the wap address in Firefox and IE on my PC. Neither would load. This is my eureka moment. I ask the tech guy if my browser is set to desktop computer simulation will the VZW Home page will load? He has no idea. I walk him through the process of changing Mobile IE6 to desktop simulation. Menu>9 Tools>3 Options> Other> Browse websites as: Radio Dot Desktop Computer. Who-la! his VZW Home page goes white and pink. so the fix this error follow the steps above and choose the Radio Dot Mobile Device. Once this is done the page displays as it should. Before I got Error/Headers+not+Valid in the URL address but nothing elses than white and pink. Hope this helps someone.

Peace.
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yes..my wife attempted to put the hammer down but flippin VZ wanted nothing do with it. no receipt..no soup! also told her not to go too far as we did get a 50% discount so...whatever! wound up doing the insurance deal and hell...got a brand new glyde w/new battery and charger for 50 bones.

and sounds like good info 1313!