Install Mango on your Windows Phone without being a developer

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I'm really upset that I can't figure out why I can't get mine to update to Mango. Makes me feel really dumb :confused:
  2. xanatos831

xanatos831 New Member

ok when u dl the mangoforall file, click on update then extract all then it goes to the file then click on update again and run it
  3. xanatos831

xanatos831 New Member

idk maybe i need to reword that but im so stoked right now:D
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I did that. Still no update for me.
  5. ajayden

ajayden Member

i am enjoying Mango on my Trophy. I love the groups feature a lot as it is very helpful for my job
  6. MangoMozart

MangoMozart New Member

In the process of doing it now on my HTC Mozart, seems to be doing fine it's just doing the second update now (7661) so I guess this is the main one where I will see most of the changes.

EDIT:

Okay all is well and finished the update. However I ran into a problem, when you connect your phone and plan to use with Zune software (whether you have it set to auto load when your device is connected or manually start it) you will receive a prompt that an update is required, this update will fail.

What you need is Zune 4.8 Beta. You want to install this after you have done the update process and don't worry 4.8 will roll back your phone using your previous backup.

I found two places where you can get 4.8, megaupload link :http://megaupload.com/?d=KY8J8SIY

And SkyDrive: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ad115796f4841eec&sc=documents&id=AD115796F4841EEC!135

There is probably links to this on here, but just incase anyone has the same problem.
  7. ajayden

ajayden Member

Update : I rolled back to NoDo as i ran into one issue. All text messages sent were converted to MMS.
  8. MangoMozart

MangoMozart New Member

Is that to do with the "Group text" - Helps keep replies in one thread using MMS. I guess you can't try turning it off to see, but wondered how this works differently.
  9. ajayden

ajayden Member

Looks like its due to the group text. The contacts on my group sms list have different types of phones. The ones with smartphone dont have an issue but then the ones with older phones receive as mms and cannot view.
  10. Sb.

Sb. Member

Cant get it to work because of 80180048 error code. Used the walsh tool,reflashed rom and tried everything else thats been posted regarding this error on the interwebz. Im stumped,spent all day trying to get this to work!