Infamous 'Hidden Menu'

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by carlg, Apr 19, 2007.

1. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

i left it blank lol. You can call sprint and get your MSL. Just *2 and tell them you need your MSL for programming reasons
  2. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Those jerks wouldn't give it to me...
  3. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Any other ideas on how to get it..
  4. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

They HAVE to give it to you lol. Well they dont but they will. *2 again and tell them if you dont get your MSL so u can fix your damn phone you want to speak to cancellations.

im dead serious, they WILL give it to you lol
  5. Stealth

Stealth New Member

both tech and cancellations claim it was against policy.... bs!!!
  6. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

tell them bullshit. wow i never had this much trouble. Tell them your phone is messed up and needs to be reprogrammed and you need the MSL. thats nuts. Just keep calling, they will get the hint and ull get the right rep.
  7. carlg

carlg New Member

Msl Runaround

One thing you might try is bypassing the regular customer service reps completely, and go directly to the 'DATA' dept. Speak to one of the techs there. They typically have a little higher security clearance anyway. I have hardly EVER failed to get 'Q'uick results or more satisfactory answers by going that route.

It's always worked for me

Thanks
  8. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

I really cant believe they are giving that much crap. They tried to tell me a few weeks ago they cant transfer me to the last CSR just because i had their ID. Long story short i got a free Q and a custom plan by the end of the day. I was so sick of sprint.
  9. mashline

mashline New Member

it is against there company policy to give out the msl. They can give out a otksl. That will only work 1 time though. The exceptions is a rep that will give you the info. They can be written up for giving out incorrect info.
  10. MMF

MMF New Member

I don't know if you still want/need to know how to get your security code, but for yourself and/or anyone else's future reference:

Call up Sprint (not from your moto of course :wink:), give them some excuses for why you had to hard reset and tell them you can't place calls or surf anymore. They'll walk you through reprogramming it. The code they'll tell you to enter first ##NNNNNN# IS the security code.
    So later If you try ##073887* Setup Menu and are prompted for a security code, use the number they gave you without the #s.
    Worked for me, I played polite and naive and asked if that number was the security code and the helpdesk person confirmed.
  11. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

glad i ran a search on gpscom.exe and found this old thread.
    i just used this on my Q9m - maybe it will solve my bt gps issue i am having with live search and google maps. otherwise i will try gpscom.exe.
    as another note, in this setting menu you can change the vocoder settings from EVRC to 13k. this normally makes your call quality better - it does on other units. i am trying that out also.
  12. BIGD

BIGD New Member

the access code is ur phones msl number
  13. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

this didnt solve my gps issue but a hard reset did. the vocoder change did give me a noticable difference in call quality especially when using bluetooth.
  14. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

For my MSL I used the live online help chat(Although typically it isn't a real big help) threw sprint.com. I told the person I was talking to that I was taking my phone into a store and the guy told me to have it. They than asked if it was a sprint store, I said yes. They gave me crap about how a sprint store could pull it up. I than said I was just saying what the guy told me and if I drive 45 minutes to the store and get the same response I was just gonna cancel. I had a MSL with in a minute or two.
  15. sgeary28

sgeary28 New Member

vocoder?

which is better EVRC or 13K?
  16. FlipBumWalla

FlipBumWalla New Member

Can you tell us more about resolving your GPS issue? I am having a heck of a time getting my BT GPS device to work with my Q. I get BT Manager to see it, but I can't get Google Maps to use it. Is that something like what you fixed?
    Thanks is advance.
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Did you set com 1 in google? And I had to check mark enable advanced network functionality under usb to pc settings for some reason! If your trying that reboot after changes...
  18. Xaavier

Xaavier New Member

I need help

-===============\
    Hey there... I have the motorola Q.. those two codes you have there are the only two I was able to get work so far.. the ##073887*(send) doesn't do anything.. can you give me a list of what you have? please.. perhaps email it to me if you'd like? mngosselin@hotmail.com thanks i'd really appreciate it.
  19. Xaavier

Xaavier New Member

hmm

okay I'm with Bell canada.. but I dial *228 like you mention, and when I hang up,.. it says programming failed, please contact customer service.. I'm confused..