Increasing Ringtone Preview Sound

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Stitch, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Stitch

Stitch New Member

Increasing Ringtone Preview Sound

\hkey_current-users\control panel\soundcategories\Ring

Highlight 'Speaker' and copy it.

\hkey_current-users\control panel\soundcategories\RingPreview

Paste 'Speaker' into this registry location. (make sure value data is 1)

You can also edit key InitVol from default 3 to 5 for a more accurate sound level of how loud your ring will be when it actually plays.

Restart the device. Now any time you preview a sound it will play via the speakers and not the ear piece.
  2. pnoyxtony

pnoyxtony New Member

i don't get it.

i dont get how to do it?
  3. 403A7X

403A7X New Member

I tried this and i will have to say this didnt work out for me...

*Sigh* Does anyone actually know how to increase the volume that comes
    out of the speaker not how to get the preview to come out of the speaker because I want to show off some of my ringtones i made in audacity just by
    previewing it.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you will have to change settings/values in the registry of the Q, using software such as PHM registry Editor.. make sure you know what you are doing to prevent a Master Reset or "bricking" the Q :]
  5. Stitch

Stitch New Member

When you preview your ringtone, does it play from the speaker or ear piece? Is it quiet or loud?

Unlike the profiles where if you change the init vol to 5 from 3 and then switch profiles the reg entry is changed, this is permanent as ring preview isn't a profile but a setting.

Changing mine from 3 to 5 definitely made a difference. I added the speaker key in the ring preview directory to make sure the Q was playing the ringtone through the speakers.
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Solution?

Hey all,

I remember that the ring preview will play at whatever volume I last used Windows Mobile Media Player at...

For example, If I am watching a video at 60% volume, then later, i go and preview a ring -- the ring will play at 60%. You can go turn the volume back up in the player, and it will be back to normal...

Not sure if the vol. level sticks after a reset or not....

Also, I swear that the player volume had affected some other volume level of something else on the Q like I stated above -- but I can't think of it now... I wanna say the actual ringer -- but that would be silly... I'll let you know if I can recreate it....

I hope this helped...

Thanks,

Matt!
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Ok -- i found your answer.... when in media player, and a file is playing back, press and hold the thumbwheel, and earpiece volume will pop up -- crank that baby up!