Increase zoom to 8x

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by ninjaap, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Ghidrah

Ghidrah New Member

Thanks, I agree with you the Q's screen is tiny, wifeys Zune has a decent screen size. I'll be adding MRE to my list. I did a little browsing earlier and saw that MRE is based on the PC win regedit version.

On another note I order'd an 8gb SD micro sdch mem card today, so I should be getting some music on it by wknd hopefully.

Now all I gotta do is figure out how I can talk the kids and wifey to by me a nice BT stereo head set for my Bday.
  2. Ghidrah

Ghidrah New Member

Ninjaap, I have the MRE zip file on my desktop, which PC folder do I put the MRE zip in to open it?
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Your gonna need winzip or something similar to unzip the files
  4. Ghidrah

Ghidrah New Member

I have trial winrar it shows 3 files,

Breaksoft.windows.forms.dll
    Mobile registry editor.exe
    Opennetcf.desktop.communication.dll
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Excellent. Now just move those files to your desktop or any other folder you choose. You might want to start a folder for all your motorola stuff. You have to be connected to phone via active sync. Once synced you can double click on Mobile Registry Editor.exe and it should connect to your phone.

Also, do you have EnableRapi? Some files on the phone cannot be altered without this app. I always run EnableRapi before running MRE.
  6. Ghidrah

Ghidrah New Member

Nope don't have enableRapi but I'll look it up. I do have a "Moto Q" folder on the desktop.
    I moved the zip, sync'd the Q opened MRE and discovered that my phone has a name? MotoQ Norman?
    Is this common? It's almost funny.
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes. I think that's what the ROM is called. Not sure though. I always see NORMAN in the file name of other Windows Mobile ROM version.
  8. Ghidrah

Ghidrah New Member

2 more things, do I drop rapi into the MotoQ folder too and I start it before I start MRE?
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You can actually leave them in the winrar folder if you want. It's just easier to have everything in one folder. Just take all the unzipped files and place them all in your moto q folder

Yes start it before MRE, because if you come across a file that needs to be unlocked, you would need to restart MRE for EnableRapi to take effect.
  10. Ghidrah

Ghidrah New Member

OK, I extracted it to MotoQ, I now have an EnableRapi folder. I opened it and clicked on "rapiconfig.exe". For a split second a black rectangular window opens and closes is this normal? It's too fast to be able to read what the title says.
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

It's supposed to do that. Just make sure you fully sync first before you run EnableRapi.
  12. Ghidrah

Ghidrah New Member

Quewl!
    You can never have too many tools!