inconsistent battery life

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by greenbergman, Mar 17, 2012.

1. greenbergman

greenbergman New Member

On some days, my Focus will finish the day with a healthy charge left, and others it will run out after 6 - 8 hours or so. Note that this is often while merely sitting in my pocket with next to no usage.

I think I've checked the usual suspects:
    No background tasks
    Bluetooth is off
    Location is off
    Battery saver "on when battery is low"
    Screen timeout - 3 minutes

I keep Wifi on because I'm more often using that than cellular, and a few times I've forgotten to switch to WiFi, incurring data charges.

Typically, I plug in the charger at bedtime. Then I read RSS feeds for a while. Leave it charging overnight. About 1 day in 4 or 5, it will run out of juice in that 6 - 8 hours even if I haven't used the phone at all. No pattern that I can discern.

We did try a new battery -- no help.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Try contacting Microsoft, might be a battery connection issue, or something not directly related to the battery pack. Contact @WinPhoneSupport via Twitter.
  3. greenbergman

greenbergman New Member

I've no idea why, but the battery seems to have settled down; it has not run out of juice in the course of a day for at least several weeks now. No change in my usage or settings. It's a mystery and I'm hoping to that my posting it here doesn't jinx it!