In search of a date calculator

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by thegbees, Jul 7, 2006.

1. thegbees

thegbees New Member

In search of a date calculator

Hey, I know I've posted this before, but it seems there are more users, which widens my chances of finding what I'm looking for.

I need an app that allows me to calculate the number of days/weeks between two days. Is anyone aware of ANY program that will allow me to do this? Its an app that would be used constantly in my line of work.

Thanks

scott
  2. BuffaloUS

BuffaloUS New Member

ask and you shall receive... :)

It was simple enough, so I just went ahead and built you one.

You need the .NET Compact Framework version 2.0. That's it. I'm not gonna bother to build a .CAB file or installer, just the .EXE. Copy it to your phone, and run it. Simplest thing to do is start it from file explorer.

It's called DateDiff.exe and you can get it at...

http://www.archerhoffman.net/datediff.exe

Enjoy.

-adam
  3. BuffaloUS

BuffaloUS New Member

Updated...

All right, I noticed that you said days _and_ weeks, and the original only did days. I've updated it to do both, and re-layed out the screen a bit. Oh, and created a .CAB file installer for a bit more simplicity.

It's now at http://www.archerhoffman.net/DateDiffSetup.cab

Download it, copy it to the device and execute it. Once it's run, you'll find the file in \Program Files\DateDiffSetup\DateDiff.exe

-adam.

By the way, I'm not in love with the quality of the date pickers (the ones you get for free in .NET), so I may try to build a better date picker if I get a chance. I'll post updates here. Let me know if this is at all what you were looking for.
  4. BuffaloUS

BuffaloUS New Member

So?

Out of curiosity, did this work for you? I'm still pulling together a better date-picker for the Q, but is this the sort of thing you were looking for?
  5. thegbees

thegbees New Member

Having problems

First off, thanks for the efforts to solve my problem. I installed your second version, but got an error message saying that the program "requires a newer version of .NET compact framework than the version installed on this device."

Does that mean I need to upgrade my software or am i just out of luck. As you can tell, i'm quite the newbie, so i'm not even sure what the message means.

thanks again
    scott
  6. BuffaloUS

BuffaloUS New Member