In Memory of...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by piranah, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Monday night, I lost a friend of mine who was 25. Its so surreal since everyone I work with knows her. I was stuck in traffic on the interstate and was kinda frustrated that it took me an hour to get from one exit to the other. the worst part is that i saw the whole thing and thought to myself her name. i brushed it off since how many other people drive a grey maxima?! I cant help but wonder if God was telling me that it wasnt my time. IDK, everythings so scattered... thanks for letting me vent.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

We're here for you man.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

wow thats pretty crazy
    im sorry for your loss :(

-Sent from my Q
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

I am so sorry for the loss. I can only imagine how you feel at this time.
    Take care Weapondrift.
    ((BIG)) platonic hugs for you.
    I am there for you, you know that :)
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

You and her family and friends in my prayers, Weapondrift.
  6. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

yeah my dad pased away 2 years ago january 20th....... r.i.p. dad
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

Bobby....you and your family are in my thoughts as prayers.
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

i know you all are :) its just super crazy, since i already lost someone to suicide not but a few months ago...wtf?! Life is full of suprises, some good some bad. What gets me is that, one of the guys I work with picked up her shift. SOMEone had to, and one of Lauras(the deciesed) "friends" told the guy "oh so I guess you like making money off the dead huh?!" There are small times when I feel a woman should be slapped by a man and I believe this is one of those times
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

something else to add, For the last couple of years Brunswick (where I live) has been trying to get permission to build a barrier along the causeway (where 5 deaths have been reported over the last year). Just a few years ago the DOT just paid for a complete rebuild of the causeway. A tollbridge was torn down (one that was up for at least 10 years), and the road was repaved. This "facial" lift took 2 years to complete. Now, to build this barrier, the city will have to expand the road, and go into another couple of years of roadwork. Its just crazy that the last 5 deaths have been people merging into oncoming traffic on the causeway. Personally, I think a barrier will cause more accidents. Heres the article in the local newspaper.

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/news/331266915324994.php
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

Send a hoe bagger my way..that comment was just uncalled for.

i think THR! will agree
  11. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

if she/hes awake lol
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

i doubt i will be awake for long...so make it snappy..my wrist never tire from slappin a silly hoe bagger...but my brain needs rest...i think that is well understood.
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I am still awake. I am really in the mood for a good fight! I truly feel your pain. My bf of three years was killed in a car accident 3 yrs ago this April and I know how rough it is too lose someone so tragically. And the things that people say are so idiotic sometimes. One of my coworkers came up to me after the accident and said "look on the bright side", I am still trying to figure out what bright side he was talking about. And if one more person had told me that "joy cometh in the morning" I was going to scream!

Just makes you realize how short life is and we don't know what God has planned for us.
    As you know we are here for you anytime.

Natalie
  14. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

What kills me tho is this was reported to a manger and nothing happened. I work for a company, that when I had my first orientation they were so convincing that one of the guys sitting next to me stood up and overturned his chair and yelled "I CAN SEE GOD!!!"
    My point is this, in a company that is so thorougly wrapped up in the idea of "family values" why would everyone else in the company go to the funeral but not the CEO? Someone working here for 5 years, you think he would at least make an appearence. From what im told tho, hes going to get his wife to writen a letter of condolences.
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I gave up trying to figure other people out, especially people who have an abudance of money and think that makes them better than I am. It's easy to say what you're going to do or how you're going to react until the time comes.
    All we can do is the best we can and hope at the end of the day it's good enough.
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

i hope the CEO changes his mind. its the right thing to do...enven if he feels akward.

THR! i know its silly things people say....its grated on me a time or two...i guess in their defense they are "trying"
  17. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

i know, but sometimes no matter what I do it never feels like enough. I know I cannot predict the future anymore then I can predict the way people will act. The whole concept of people confuses me sometimes.

*starts rambling*

I finally met Lauras mother, brother, and father today. The worst part about that is that this probably one of the only ways id meet them. I shall use the "extenuating circumstances" cliche. Im still expecting her to walk into work and say everythings ok.

A long time ago, when I was younger, I want to say I was 13. My dad told me after....over aggressivly punishing me (it involved his cigar being put out on and my elbow)... that I was "too old to cry". Ever since then I havent cried, not once, not even today. I even got called out on it today by some co-workers. They asked me "how are you not crying right now?" I couldnt answer them, not even honestly. The worst part is that I feel the "tingling" of emotion coming for me, and I immediatly block it. Mostly subconsciensly othertimes like today consciencely.
  18. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I was the type of person who never cried either. Always thought it made you seem weak and I hate women who use tears to get what they want. But I can tell you after getting the phone call about my bf, I cried for days!! And now the least little thing will make me cry. I am crying now because I had a really rough day and wish he was here to hold me and tell me it will be all right!
    The thing is when you hold back your emotions like that when they do come out you will probably explode and just hope you have someone there with you to hold you too.
  19. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <---me hugging you

Plutonicly hugs you through the internet! Dont be sad THR, tomorrows a new day and that means another wonderful sunshine, and simplistic things to make you smile.
  20. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Thanks!! Today has to be better than yesterday because yesterday truly sucked!! I am trying to talk myself into a better mood but right now it ain't happening! Maybe after some sleep I can find joy in the little things.
    *i am returning your platonic hug and then some :)*