In Memory of...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by piranah, Dec 23, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thanks THR!
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

starlight i can relate...if you go back a few posts i had something similar happened.
  3. starlightapril

starlightapril New Member

wow.. that is something that no one should ever experience. I'm sorry!
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

It was awful and I wont forget about it, but the pain is less and obviously I have moved on a bit or I wouldnt have been married twice! Nice though that I still talk with his family, I remember him telling me he wasnt going to make it thru the year and what he wanted at his funeral as far as music and flowers. never think its really going to happen though.

I dont think he ment to do it, he was not the type you know, but maybe he knew his lifestyle was catching up to him.

I am glad I was the one that found him first though. I at least could break the news to his mom and it wasnt some ho bagger he was seeing on the side.

It is a weird feeling though....not like when you lose a family loved one or a friend. Just as bad, but as you know you share more intimate moments with a boy friend.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

6. starlightapril

7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Pretty much the same thing that killed the R&B singer Gerald Levert. That's why I am very cautious about any medicine I take. They all don't play nice together.

Feel horrible for anyone that losing a loved one so senselessly though. Could have been avoided with a little caution. But when you're young or old for that matter you never think it's going to happen to you.
  8. starlightapril

So true... this is off subject to the thread, but my psychiatrist had me on like 8 meds at one time, so i know how it goes.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

Me too he was adorable in that!
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

I hear ya, its better to not take or space things out to lessen the reactions.
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

Dont feel pressured to answer, but you can pm me if you like. Im just curious to know why so many. That seems questionable from a stand point.
  12. starlightapril

We need a new thread for movies..
  13. starlightapril

Sent a pm to you. I am sure not everyone wants to hear the tales of my medicated history! :)
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you know we have this [​IMG]-button right ? :}
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

What's encouraging to me is that we get the message across that we all need help sometimes in coping with everyday life and it's all right and acceptable to do so. So often it's looked upon as a sign of weakness and why can't you deal with that alone. So while I understand not wanting to share your medicated history with strangers, I commend you for getting the help you felt you needed!
  16. starlightapril

Thank you! That means quite a lot!!
  17. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I totally understand, I have a teenage daughter that is going through some struggles. And part of the problem is fighting the stigma of getting help through therapists and/or medication. Medication is often looked at as an easy way out and it's easy to make that assumption. Not considering that alot of thought and worrying went into making that decision. So keep up the good fight and don't let anyone tell you that you're not worth the effort or help!!
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I wondered where you were but didn't know how to ask. I'm sorry about your grandfather. I hope you keep fond memories of him with you always.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i agree....

my wife is a therapist/counselor for 12-18 year olds i hear some stories (no names though) its not easy
  20. starlightapril

Let me tell you first hand, it's not. My thing is, I can be medicated and feel nothing, or I can not be medicated and feel everything, except it's amplified by 1000. It helps to talk to someone though, as I have almost completely stopped taking my meds (save the focalin for adhd.) My therapist is a life saver.