Imap Gmail sending issues

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by kuluminati, Jul 7, 2008.

1. jayceekay

jayceekay New Member

check your settings in gmail to see whether you guys are using http or https (settings -> last option). on pc gmail uses https when it's convenient unless you tell it specifically to always use https. if you don't and you're on a slow connection sometimes it won't use https to speed things up. i think this is new, perhaps this is what's giving the phones problems?

personally, my gmail hasn't been working for a long while now and i've had it set to "always use https" for a few months now.
  2. PhL0aTeR

PhL0aTeR New Member

has anyone ever contacted gmail to see if they can help? its happening to me a lot more, its hard to pin down the problem, but sometimes if i go back and delete some of the message im responding too it will send after that, but i spent about an hour composing an e-mail (boredom) and it wouldnt send..... obviously deleting some of the message was out of the question.... i ended up restarting my phone and when i looked in my outbox it was gone.... wacky....
  3. photoblogger

photoblogger New Member

I have not contacted google support/forums. However, I have seen the same issue with another IMAP running on linux completely unrelated to gmail. It's happened twice now with the same non-gmail imap account, and I am convinced it's not gmail-specific. I am not convinced that I care for Outlook on WM6.1 in the least bit..
  4. PhL0aTeR

PhL0aTeR New Member

heres a kicker..... i just had mine spit back an e-mail twice after trying to manually send/receive, something i do everytime i send e-mail now because if you dont, the kicked back e-mail will sit there and it will never tell you theres a problem..... anywho, back on topic.... i tried logging into gmail via the web on my phone and saaw 2 replies to the e-mail i was trying to reply to.... go figure, the e-mails were actually sent?
  5. photoblogger

photoblogger New Member

Check your Sent Mail options: is it getting clogged on trying to move the file into a Sent folder? Maybe the send went thru, but the hiccup is the 2nd message. (I used to send two at a time as well, I think when I had my "save copy in sent folder" set up which I guess I shouldn't have.. I forget the right way atm.)
  6. PhL0aTeR

PhL0aTeR New Member

that is, indeed, the way it was set up, which is weird cuz there is never anything in my sent folder when im using gmail..... go figure.... thanks for the heads up, i just changed it, we'll see......

edit i just checked on that e-mail i spoke of earlier and it said i replied to it 60 some times..... lol..... checked and it was stilll in my outbox trying to be sent, hit the send/receive and it still hung up :(
  7. phrog07

phrog07 New Member

I had the same thing with AT&T same day. When I deleted and recreated it I now get 2 copies of every email and when I send an email it copies me and I can't figure either of these 2 settings. Had been working perfectly til Thursday.
    Thanks for the info.
  8. phrog07

phrog07 New Member

Redid email account per IMAP instructions in gmail and it seems to be working ok. You can't let the phone do the auto setup.
    Thanks to everyone that replied got alot of info on this.
  9. PhL0aTeR

PhL0aTeR New Member

yep, i did that too.... "fixed" for a while but still had issues.... i finally got fed up with the Q and bought a new phone yesterday.... best thing i ever did.... well.... in the way of phones anyhow... lol
  10. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I used a gmail IMAP account on 2 different q's for a total of 2 years without problems, and yes we know you got a new phone. you mentioned that already, the Q isn't for everyone
  11. PhL0aTeR

PhL0aTeR New Member

ummmm... congrats?
  12. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

means not everyone had the same problem you did, there just seem to be some issues with the way gmail supports imap. it works well for many, but for a few others (using the same settings) they will have nothing but problems
  13. PhL0aTeR

PhL0aTeR New Member

i know what it means.... i know not everyone has the problems, just wondering why your case was so special that you threw that out there?
  14. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

because your post made it sound like it was the Q's fault. I'm just providing the other side
  15. PhL0aTeR

PhL0aTeR New Member

good job at defending an inanimate object paco.... fail for assuming.... lol... i loved the Q... had it (charging port) not ultimately failed, id still have it... blessing in disguise i guess.

peace
  16. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

yup, enjoy the new phone
    peace