Imap Gmail sending issues

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by kuluminati, Jul 7, 2008.

1. kuluminati

kuluminati New Member

Imap Gmail sending issues

I have a Sprint Q9c, and I have not been able to send email from my phone since sometime on thursday. I have gone through the settings and confirmed they are correct. But everytime I try to send an email it tells me that I need to confirm I have coverage and my settings are correct.

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with Gmail. On a sidenote, I can receive email without issues.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

try rebooting the device and if still nothing just recreate the account
  3. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Did you try deleting the account and then recreating it (as opposed to just reviewing the settings on the account? I've had this happen a couple of times before, and this did the trick.
  4. kuluminati

kuluminati New Member

Normally what has resovled this for me is pulling the battery, but that has not worked the couple times I have tried this. I have tried rebooting the device a couple times. I even tried being in a different coverage area, and that didnt work. I guess I will have to recreate the account. Bummer!
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

it happens....
    (recreating that is)

i had to do it once or twice myself (not gmail though)
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Did you set it up manually or automatically? If you set it up automatically it will enter all of the current gmail params and you'll be a happy camper. Totally delete your present account - turn off you phone and/or remove your battery and run "Set up new account" using the auto function. I set mine up once and it's been working fine ever since. Good luck.
  7. kuluminati

kuluminati New Member

That sets it up as a POP3. I had to delete and then setup manually, so I could configure for the IMAP.
  8. it has to be imap and not pop3 anymore according to their website.
  9. Rev. Voodoo

Rev. Voodoo New Member

wtf...? Same thing has happened to me.....same day!

I hope you get this resolved......
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Same intermittant problem here although I'm using pop3 rathar than IMAP. I think that it must be a Google problem. It seems like servers are full OR they are doing a lot of maintenance. I believe that Gmail service is really growing in the recent past.
  11. Rev. Voodoo

Rev. Voodoo New Member

I know I can receive messages, and sort them and they sync to all my various folders using gmail as IMAP. I just can't send.

I've deleted, reset, reset up twice, no luck
  12. photoblogger

photoblogger New Member

When I first rec'd my phone a couple months ago, I too had the same problem a few times. I thought there was a snag sending that got stuck in the drafts/outbox, which kept choking the send/rec'v. Rather than just rebooting, I deleted all msgs from draft/outbox, and that seemed to help... While I had it for a few days there, I have not seen it since.
  13. glorify

glorify Member

Have the same problem--just started last week. Thought it was my phone. Maybe Google?
  14. kuluminati

kuluminati New Member

I had to recreate my setup on my phone in order to get it to work. And it thas been working ever since. I do setup manually and use IMAP. it has been working like a charm, in fact I think its a little faster logging on and receiving email regardless of my coverage.
  15. Rev. Voodoo

Rev. Voodoo New Member

my gmail just started sending again today as IMAP, i didn't do anything...musta been a gmail thing
  16. photoblogger

photoblogger New Member

How does GMAIL fail and clear for you?

When this occurs, how does the issue typically clear up for you?

Last night, I had accumulated 13 picture sends in my Outbox before I realized that also 2 plain text messages that hadn't been sent from much earlier in the day. Having deleted both plain texts, I still have the 13 I'd prefer not to have to recompose and resend: they've been waiting in my Outbox for 12hrs and two Q restarts. I think it's clogged and won't clear unless I delete them from Outbox. Other ideas?
  17. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

My little brother had this issue starting last night.
    How does he adjust the setting on his Q for IMAP under the pocket outlook with Gmail?
  18. photoblogger

photoblogger New Member

sprintadv- I don't believe you can switch between POP and IMAP. Recreate the account per google's instructions and note the wm6.1 notes. wm6 gave an option to auto-detect settings, wm6.1 does not ask-- it just tries (and goes for POP).

I'd really like to hear how everyone has resolved his issues to see if there is a non-destructive method of restoring sending operability.
  19. photoblogger

photoblogger New Member

How to fix Gmail sync issues - when emails don't send

I think I've got it. The issue, when resurfaced this morning at least, seemed to coincide with my web browser forcing me to reauthenticate.

What I did to fix my gmail in moto-q not sending issue without redefining the account and losing all settings and Outbox queued emails was to go to account settings on my gmail account under Messaging on the phone, typed in something bogus for my gmail account password and unchecked Remember password. I did a sync, was prompted, typed the correct password, got the failed message; repeated, got in!! I went back to acct settings, typed my password and checked Remember my password. I'm rollin' again. My queued test message was sent, too!

I suspect the reason this works and what prompted me to try it was that I think there is an "already authenticated" or ssl cert token that hangs out on the device accessing gmail servers. When gmail servers change something (reboot? upgrade?..), probably this gets "out of sync" and not having foreseen this, WM6.1 outlook just breaks on authentication. INW, I bet Outlook could resolve this for us and try reauthenticating anew: all I'm doing above is forcing this to happen.
  20. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

photoblogger is this still working for you?

I havent had a chance to suggest this to my brother for his problem yet.