Im getting worried about the plane ticket I purchased

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ninjaap, Dec 6, 2008.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Im getting worried about the plane ticket I purchased

Has anyone purchased or heard of cheapflightsales.com? I purchased tickets through them last night, and I still haven't got a confirmation number or an itinerary. I tried calling customer service, but I can't seem to get a hold of an operator. Just hoping this is not a bogus site.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

There was a story on the news about one of these sites. may not be yours, they ripped of about 50 people.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Awww frak!!! I hope it doesn't happen to me. Well I just got an email response a minute ago from them, asking me info about my purchase. I emailed back. I guess I will soon see.
  4. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Don't forget: Most airlines charge like $15 bucks for some checked baggage. I just flew on Flying US Airways and it's $15 bucks per.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I think that's for domestic flights. I haven't come across an international flight that charges per baggage yet. Anywho, the transaction somehow did not go through and my credit card wasn't charged. It's a good thing anyways, coz I found another flight for cheaper on expedia.
  6. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well there ya go.
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

ninjaap I swear, newxt time you need tickets you need to let me know so i can find you some good deals after all I am a concierge
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

For reals you are? Wait what's a concierge? You mean in a hotel or something? So does that mean you have access to deals not available to the public, or does it mean you just have more resources? Can you get deals on international flights too?
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I cant get you a deal at the hotel I work out. However, my job basically means anything you want I try to find and secure for you either it being hotel reservations/plane tickets/dinner reservations/prostitutes/international plane tickets. etc. I search for deals and see what i can come up with.
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Dope! Thanks bro. I will def hit you up next time.
  11. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

never knew concierge was synonomous (sp) with pimp???? lol
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

honey you would be suprised in all ive had to do.
  13. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL THEM!!!! :angry:

:tounge:
  14. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

Be careful with those cheap ticket sites - they really route passengers oddly; to save them money, not you. Case in point; Dulles and Reagan are technically co-terminals (hey, both "DC"-heck, one cheap-o company routed a passenger from IAD to BWI, a 2-hour ride in the best of times) but are 30 miles apart, and in high-traffic time (which is almost always) a 45-60 minutes $50 taxi ride (less expensive bus/metro, but 30 minute longer). Yet, passengers are routed to one airport and booked to connect at the next, usually with a 30 minute connection. And, the passenger must wait for their bags.

We also cannot use the ticket to fly the passenger from our airport (I work at IAD); the second flight is often a separate reservation on another airline.

My advice is the same as when I was in the auto industry-check out the airlines websites and book on the airline that you like to fly with. They all offer low rates, and if/when a difficulty occurs, the carrier's CS agents have more leeway to arrange things.
  15. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Funny story with IAD and BWI. My dad was going on a business trip, they booked through BWI since its cheaper, instead of paying for parking at BWI they all got dropped off at Regan and took a limo to BWI from there. Me about 9 out of 10 times I fly I use BWI, I have only flown out of Reagan 1 time (group trip) and Dullus 2 times (both group trips). BWI is so much cheaper than the other 2 plus my bro lives 10 min from there so I park my car at his house and he drops me off.
  16. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I found the flight and price I wanted on expedia, but kept getting an error when I tried to purchase it. So I ended up going to the airline's website and purchased it directly. I saved even more money. I guess expedia is a bit delayed when it comes to updating their prices with the airline.
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

Cool. So I guess in this case it wasn't the early bird getting the worm...
  18. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yeah, sometimes it works out that way. Sometimes the seats don't get filled and they drop the price to fill them when it gets closer to the date. But there is a bit of a downside. I'll be flying out on the 23rd. Because of the time difference (it's 15hrs ahead in the Philippines), I will be spending xmas eve on the plane. :frown:
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

those flights can be the best. Party on in the air. I did the same thing one year, we had a blast. Think the plain side swiped santa.
  20. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm thinking they might do something special while we are up there. I've never been on a plane on xmas eve. What did you ask santa for this year? I'll try to sneak a peak in his bag if we see him.