I'm devastated..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ParaCAD, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I'm devastated..

My "caps" button, has quit working on me........ :(

Guess i could attempt a warranty replacement, not sure if its up yet or not....
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

..that can get akward :)

insurance swap.
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

Doesn't Motorola offer a 1 year warranty?
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I know mike, it is a little embarassing on occasion..lol

No ins, never have, so i'd just live with it if i can't warranty it..or try to dissasemble and clean it a bit.
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

OOOOOOOOOOOO - MAN !!!! Anything but THAT !!!! :) You absolutely sure it's the button, else software setting, maybe. :) -Q
  6. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

They may. But is that seperate from ATT 1yr warranty replacement? I came to have the q9h because i replaced my old LG shine under warranty twice, and the 3rd time i had the option to choose a new phone, which obviously was the Q. But doing that didn't extend the ATT warranty with each replacement.

You're saying possibly contacting motorola directly under a manufacturers warranty?
  7. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I'm pretty confident its the button, no others have done it. Plus if i hit it 20x in a row atleast one time it'll give me a capital letter. Or pressing it off center may or may not result in a capital letter...
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ItCouldBeWorse.ItCouldBeYourSpaceBar.
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

Yup. I would contact Motorola first, but if it is still under AT&T 1 year warranty, try them also. (I think Verizon only gives a 90 day warranty...if that...)
  10. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

You gotta point there..:tounge:

I'll take a shot at both...I can live with out it really.
    But just like alcohol or sex....why?
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Because in the first case, you're not in control afterwards...and in the second, you're never in control <G>
  12. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

just a thought ..... on my Q9c if I hit the but twice quickly it locks the button also does the same thing on the function button.... its kinda like turning on "sticky buttons" on your computer. Like I said "just a thought"
  13. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Yup...I know the keys do that, thx, and i understand where your coming from.:)

But the issue is, it wont really type a capital letter at all, I've been able to push the button hard, and i'll get a capital occasionally. But not like i should. So i think its just malfuntioning...
  14. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Atleast the parts are cheap ...:wink:
  15. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Good point...and a another valid option...thx