iGo Charger

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by n99hockey, Sep 21, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

iGo Charger

so the last few days i have been traveling like crazy. spending hours and hours in the airport, the Q has been good to me so far. but yesterday it was super drained (i have the 1640mah battery). so im in the DC airport hoping i see another Q owner and maybe they had a charger i could steal/borrow. i came across this 'tech store' in the DC airport and came across this product called 'iGo Charger'
    its a battery operated hand held charger with 100's (i think) of adapters for all sorts of devices. it was only 15 bucks, and came with the 2 batteries, so then i picked up the 'Moto Q Adapter' for 5 bucks and i was good to go.

its a nice alternative to having 2 batteries with you at all times and making sure they are always charged.
    thought i would share my experience and hope it helps someone out!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sweet.... that is a nice alternative for emergency's. thanks...

speaking of the 1640mah battery, can you take a picture of the standard and 1640mah next to each other.. i'm still in limbo what to do battery wise.
  3. n99hockey

yea i can do that for you

its really not that bad (1640 mah)
    its not intrusive or ugly looking...
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks.... and i shall be the judge of that :}
  5. n99hockey

haha fair enough!
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

second option i am considering is getting a cradle and at least one -maybe 2- extra regular batteries. last few days even before i leave here i have 2 bars and call me paranoid (don't actually do it :} 2 bars make me nervous :}
  7. n99hockey

thats not a bad option either

although i would forget to charge one and then be in trouble
    i like this charger thingy since i can just leave it in my bag and not have to make sure its charged

with brand new 'AA' batteries in this 'igo' thing i can get between 5-10 hrs!
  8. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Battery-Operated Battery Chargers

These battery-operated battery chargers aren't anything new. I remember somebody describing a Do-It-Yourself version back around 2001.

I mention them because iGo stuff is fairly expensive. I have a bunch of iGo adapters and chargers (I had to get a laptop charger once, so the biggest expense was over), and I like them, but you can probably get less expensive versions (or you can make your own).

Steve
  9. n99hockey

didnt claim them to be new:tounge:
    just thought i would share what i found since i personally havent seen them before and dont remember them being mentioned here at EQ

the store had the $150-$250 laptop ones that you speak of...thats seems like alot (atleast for me)

but the charger and adapter i got cost a total of 22 bucks (if i remember correctly) including tax...not that bad if your in a pinch and had to use it for real business (unlike me who wanted to play on the internet while waiting for a plane):laugh2:
    i might pick up an ipod adapter as well...you never know!
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i have to see how good i will be at keeping it charged (and with me :} how long does the 1640mah last for ya ? overall with moderate use i guess..
  11. n99hockey

with moderate use i get from 830 - 630 when i come home and plug in to the USB to sync
    thats about 100 texts, moderate net usage since im on a PC all day, and 100 or so emails
    i have about 3 bars left

but when i travel i burn that baby out..usually have 1 bar by the time i get home
  12. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

iGo Chargers

I didn't say that you said they were new. :tounge::tounge: I was just pointing out that they've been around for a long time and could probably be had cheaper (and that you could build your own).

It was a lot for me, too, but I had stupidly left my real charger at home, so it was either buy one or give up my laptop.

FYI, Radio Shack also carries iGo products, including a decent selection of tips.

Steve
  13. Smoothieking

Smoothieking New Member

You can also charge your Q by just connecting it to your laptop. That's the beauty of USB.

I have the 2100 battery from Seidio. I can easily go two or three days without charging my phone. That is with making calls and surfing the web and checking email.
  14. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

The 2100 makes a huge difference. I swap back and forth my regular battery, and the 2100. Usually on the weekend. During the week, I stick with the standard battery and its plugged into my laptop for most of the day. Weekends, I'm outside more and thus need a longer life battery.
  15. n99hockey

this is very true but makes it awfully hard to charge while wandering around cities and airports
    this fits in your hand and just plug it in...plus saves me from carrying my laptop around as a big ass charger:laugh2:
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

dude, did you ever get the chance to take that picture ?

(dude = n99hockey :}
  17. n99hockey

will up load it shortly!
  18. n99hockey

here they are
    nothing spectacular but you get the idea :tounge:

Attached Files:

19. Smoothieking

Smoothieking New Member

If you travel or are a heavy user, you need the extended battery

You will hardly notice the weight or the size after a couple of days. If you go to the verizon or sprint store, you can try it before you buy it. I couldn't imagine my Q without the extended battery.
  20. n99hockey

yea i agree
    i put my regular battery in to check it out (since last time i looked at it with the regular battery was when i got it) and wow it felt so weird :laugh2:

gotta have the extended battery