i was worried about the battery life

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by guitarwiz, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

what are you confused about buddy? :geek:
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

There should be only one type of memory effect, or am I wrong ????
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Well, yes/no. When it comes to actual memory in the sense of something designated to remember, then no. But just like a shirt or tube socks you wear and eventually it memory fits to your shape and size, that's a memory type too like how you use your batter or abuse it if you will.
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

What you're describing though IS memory effect. There is no actual memory on Ni-Cd batteries, but they suffer from memory effect described by the chemical processes you mentioned. So its like you're saying, and I could be wrong if I'm still confused, that you seem to think Paco was referring to any other kind, when he was referring to the same chemical processes that give it a "memory" effect, which is why I'm confused.
  5. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yes, it is. I know there is no actual memory, goodness. Lithium Ion batteries don't feel it as much as Ni-Cd but they do no matter what anyone tells you if you don't treat them right. A battery's life cycle is a memory of type although not the ones we are used to. I know I am making this as clear as mud but trust me in my head it makes perfect sense. Been a tech too long and not a teacher enough.
  6. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I get what you're saying now, thanks for the clarification.
  7. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

:) You have no idea how relieved I am, as I was running out of ways to say it :w00t:
  8. U-2

U-2 New Member

9. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

To each their own. Ultimately people need to make their own decisions. I am just sharing was has worked for me for almost a decade, not meant to be the final word.

Just a note, many parts of the Wiki page posted are not verified and are pending sources. Thanks for the post.
  10. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I was gonna point that one out too, but I figured, hey, why argue. Guardian has formed his own opinion already anyway, and no one would know the 100% correct answer unless you tore a battery apart and studied it anyway, because you can form a hypothesis about pretty much anything, but you cant prove or disprove it until you do controlled experiments, eliminating any outstanding variables. So I pretty much follow whats on that Wiki page. I've taken my Li-on battery off my laptop so as to minimize its exposure to heat, as it kills Li-on batterie's lifespans.

Just my 2 cents.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

That's right, I am always open to other views. I am highly educated and intelligent and I didn't get that way being close minded. I was simply sharing what worked for me and hoping it can help someone else. I never claimed to be an authority or the final word.
  12. U-2

U-2 New Member

You forgot "modest" :)
  13. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I am very modest. I did not say that to sound snobbish or anything, just stating that I am not the type to just blindly follow and make my own decisions, that's all. There is no need for modesty there and if it seemed arrogant or wrong to anyone, then sorry. Unsure