I Think it Might be Time to Say Goodbye :(

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Sicilian40, Dec 1, 2008.

1. fflan513

fflan513 New Member

I just boxed up my Storm to return it to Verizon; switched back to my Q. The Storm is nice looking but offers no upgrade over the Q; the internet experience is slower and takes the pages too long to come into focus plus no tabbed browsing. The keyboard encourages too many errors. To me the Storm is glitzy but not solid functionality; I'm waiting on something truly better than the Q to come out...the Storm is not it imho.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

welcome back!!
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

Welcome HOME!
  4. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

Just Ordered My Q

Hey fflan513,

I tried the Storm too...before all the patches came out. It was to say the least buggy, but from what I've heard most of the problems have been corrected. I'm just not a touchscreen person 'yet.'

I just ordered my Q9C from Verizon! The Napolean looks great and has a better camera but I couldn't find out when it was going to be released anywhere online.

Happy Holidays everyone and thanks for your feedback.

I love my Q!
  5. TundraDome

TundraDome New Member

I guess I'm tired of waiting for the new Q (Napolean). It just seems the wait has gone way too long; and I truly question Moto's commitment to the Q especially with the smartphone competition appearing to blaze right past it. Moto may be implementing a quiet exit strategy from the smartphone market. That's my uneasy feeling.

The Storm has had many updates since it rolled out; at least the demo unit I explored was fairly flawless. I was an early adopter of the Q, and I nearly sent it packing because it was, quite frankly, a POC. It powered down mysteriously, locked up when answering a call, had literally 3 seconds between dialing numbers . . . and on and on. Then the first firmware update either left you relatively happy (me) or with a bricked phone. So, the Storm's early OS problems don't bother me too much and I will wait for another month as they get to that "80/20" solution.

To me, Motorola has always been the master designer of communications devices, and that's what makes this "forced" change so hard.
  6. TundraDome

TundraDome New Member

Is the Q9C really a major improvement over the original Q?

I'm glad you enjoy your Q - I do too, but with the "cover icons" falling away (moto logo in front fell off, d-button lost its decal, losing the "snd" and "end" face-plate too!) and with the Q simply way too long in the tooth and its evolution in serious question, its time to move on. As my wife would say, "sad day."
  7. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

Q9c

I've had my new Q9C for 4 days now. What a difference from Win Mo 5 to Win Mo 6.1. Threaded text messaging and html email. What a concept. Took me awhile to figure out the minor change in getting the character screen to pop up but otherwise all is good.

I just wish Motorola would improve the quality of the camera.

Can someone tell me what version of Opera to download that will work?

Happy Holidays!
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

opera mobile will work out of the box, but if you install a java emulator you can use opera mini.
    you may also want to check out skyfire
  9. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

I'm still confused on what version of Opera Mobile I can download for Win Mo 6.1. Some versions list touchscreens only. The version (and I don't remember which one it was) that I had on Win Mo 5.0 worked flawless and imported all my IE bookmarks as well.
  10. Cbwillsr

Cbwillsr New Member

Just parted with my Q after 2 years and 3 q's. Never thought I would like bb, but the new curve when texting is similar to the q. BB makes it easy to exchange old info from windows mobile to there system. I was waiting on the q11 but am very satisfied with my bb. Plus with sprints unlimited data and messaging plan it outperforms the q.

11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

yet another jumper....
  12. n99hockey

good luck with the BB
  13. myselfdotcom

myselfdotcom New Member

I had my Moto Q replaced with a Rim 8830 a couple months ago by Sprint for free and I have the work around it. I have a Curve for free too recently for signing a 2 years contract. So far I am liking my Curve alot!
    Very very stable compared to WM OS.....
  14. vettegofast

vettegofast New Member

if you have a Q youre gonna hate the slide out keyboard on an HTC and dialing someones number when you cant feel the keypad. I always used to miss dial my just barely pressing the number next to it by accident
  15. Radon_22

Radon_22 New Member

Truedat. I have a Sprint Mogul (vx6800 to you verizon people) which is pretty much on par with my Q9, with touchscreen. That being said, I'm not as big of a fan of the sliding keyboard as I thought I would be, and touchscreens... well, let's just say that all that screen real estate is useless if you can't read it through the fingerprints. :angry: Not to mention they are just plain inaccurate to someone with fingers larger than a 10-year old.

This is why the Blackberry Curve/Samsung BlackJack/Motorola Q are so darn useable as buisness and texting devices. What they lack in other areas, they more than make up for if you actually want to *use* a phone instead of having a piece of eye candy.
  16. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Besides, wait for the Touch HD 800x480 screen. :D
  17. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

Lovin it More Every Day

Tried the HTC Diamond Pro....all these touch phones Omnia too...yea, if you have a small finger it's great but I am not interested in using a stylus with my phone. Talk about squinting the eyes so you can see.

Lovin my Q9C with VZW, got Opera 8.65 installed...somehow got the font larger for texting which is great too. HTML email and threaded text messaging-doesn't take much to make me happy.

My *only* wish for the Q is to improve the camera quality for my needs. Otherwise it's all good!:laugh2:.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get more premade MMS templates or is it a Microsoft thing?
  18. n99hockey

soooo..welcome back?
  19. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

I'm Back...

And staying for awhile :smile:
  20. n99hockey

ok then!

welcome back:tounge: