I Think it Might be Time to Say Goodbye :(

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Sicilian40, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

I Think it Might be Time to Say Goodbye :(

I have been through 3 Moto Q's and still love my black Moto Q from Verizon Wireless. I've gotten into the routine of having an extra spare battery around at all times-it's been good to me and I can probably do a hard reset with my eyes closed as well. I reallly love my black Q keyboard, wearing reading glasses, it's somewhat like braille...i don't need my glasses and can type text messages galore! I love my MMS templates that come with WinMo 5.0 too.

I'm looking for a phone with a better camera resolution and of course easy to text with. I'm currently with Verizon Wireless and I'm thinking about either the Samsung OMNIA or the HTC Touch Diamond Pro. Are there any former Q users here that can provide feedback on either one?

I don't forsee another Q coming out for VZW (unless i'm wrong) which makes me sad.

I like a phone that has the display and keyboard right there and of course easy to use for a blind person. Anyone have any feedback? I hate to depart with my Moto Q (and I'm a Win Mo fan so I don't know if a BB is the way to go).
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

bummer..

potQ9c
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

If your not satisfied with the Qs battery life you'll l♥ve the Touch Pro.
    Just in case you didn't get it that's sarcasm :)

You want something easier to text on?
    I doubt the Omnias onscreen keyboard will fit the bill either.
  4. blcistheking

blcistheking New Member

Samsung Saga maybe?
  5. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

hope ya stick around but good luck if ya choose a new toy!
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

good luck with whatever you go with
  7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Looks interesting .
    Specs are pretty good .
    With Pro on it it should run ppc software .
    I hate to say it but it could me a worthy replacement .
  8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

The Saga has a tighter keyboard. Try before you buy... Pretty cool that it's wifi, BT, GSM quad band and CDMA RevA. The wireless mouse is trick too huh?

The Touch Pro is pretty sweet with that large keyboard and 640x480 screen. However, VZW cut the ram in half, did something funky to the keyboard, I hear, and of course locked the gps. The Sprint version is better, as usual.
  9. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

I Can't Depart From My Q!

Well, I ordered my HTC Pro and had it for a day and wound up returning it. I'm back to my Windows Mobile 5.0 Verizon Wireless Black Moto Q. I missed those premade MMS templates too :laugh2:

The problem I had with the Pro was that I really needed to use the stylus in some scenarios. The menu option dropdowns are small, similiar to the Samsung Saga. In some instances where you have to check a box-you need the stylus.

I guess what I need is something in form factor similiar to my Black Moto Q but unfortunately nothing exists. I want Win Mo 6.1 and threaded SMS...I don't want to switch to a BlackBerry operating system and the Curve seems to be the closest in terms of form factor that I can think of. I also want a better camera as I use my phone more for pics, Internet surfing (prefer IE over Opera) and texting.

I'm not so concerned with "having to have" a touch screen. I just want it to be easy enough to use like my Q without having to put my reading glasses on to use my phone. Battery life doesn't concern me, i just always carry a spare battery or have my charger in my office as well as a charger in my car. I also don't care about GPS as I have a Garmin in my car. Speed of course, is important to me. Wifi is not really that important to me either.

Anyone have any suggestions or feedback for me? Feel free to PM me.
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Toldya.. haha
  12. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

Recommendation

I'm seriously thinking about buying the Q9C as there doesn't seem to be anymore Q's coming from Motorolla in the future according to Boy Genious.

:embarassed:
  13. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

That's nothing but an upgrade. Get It.
  14. landscapeman

landscapeman New Member

That Omnia is a great phone. I have personally gone with the Storm. Can not complain to much. I just can not stand WM.
  15. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

I Liked the Omnia

It's an awesome phone but I found some of the menu options were very small and cound't strictly use my finger/touch and needed the stylus (same with the HTC).

I think i'll probably go with the Q9C although there is not much of a difference in terms of hardware. I happen to be a fan of Windows Mobile.

I tested the Storm and disliked it very much. I guess i'm not a "touch" person.
  16. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

check out the napoleon before you get the 9c.
  17. landscapeman

landscapeman New Member

18. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

Q9c

The new Q looks nice-is it actually blue?

Can someone tell me if the premade MMS templates are on the Q9C? It runs Win Mo 6.0 or 6.1?

Thanks everyone.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no
    black
    black with silver
    or green

these depend on the carrier

yes

depends on your carrier
  20. TundraDome

TundraDome New Member

It was fun while it lasted

I've been a Q1 owner for years - the original silver when it first came out. However, I have to say, I am disappointed that the Q appears to be phasing out. No more new substantial releases of new Qs. I'm looking at the Blackberry Storm (checked out an operational demo unit at a Verizon store today) and I was actually impressed with the thing. It is sad to change from the Q to a BB, but I don't feel I have any real choice. I was impressed that the Storm is actually much more responsive than my Q silver (minimal lag) and I actually enjoyed using the virtual keyboard - It is one slick smartphone. Any reasons I shouldn't make the switch?