i love my samsung focus but needs small fixes

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Willy Vaca, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Willy Vaca

Willy Vaca New Member

Hello,
    2 Days with my wm7 and I love it!! My previous phone was an iPhone 4, I'm not going to lie I still kinda miss it lol.
    •Is anybody having issues with the keyboard? Mine is laggy and when i type fast "C" don't seem to register.
    •Another issue I have is when I'm using internet explorer and I get a text or call the back button won't go back to the previous page I was instead it would go back to the text app or the last calls I made.
    •last issue is the marketplace search feature the most annoying of all!!!! I can't stand that when I search a specific app I would get artists or songs instead...=/
    Overall I love my focus!!
    Any issues you guys having???
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Still learning my way, but I'm definitely enjoying my phone. Hoping my microSD install goes off without a hitch. Having all my music on my Focus will certainly improve my experience.

BTW, welcome to everythingWM!
  3. Steve Klein

Steve Klein New Member

Agreed, I am coming from the iPhone as well and the Marketplace has been driving me nuts. Additionally, I just registered the Zune pass I recieved as part of the ATT promo and have been having a little trouble making the most of it I think.

Having only used Zune software a bit and never having used a device before, I am a bit confused as to the best ways to find music, and what music I can actually stream/download/idk. The only option I can ever find with music is to stream (sometimes it is only a 30 sec sample) or purchase. What am I missing?
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Steve, Zune Pass is excellent, but can be confusing. While in the Marketplace (on the desktop client), I right click and select Sync to Zune HD. I haven't connected my Focus yet, but I presume it's similar. It will download it to your hard drive and sync to your phone. Within the Zune software, there is a drop down menu that will show only Zune Protected content. My issue with Zune was always figuring out what was mine and what was Zune pass protected.
  5. Steve Klein

Steve Klein New Member

Fair enough, I assume you are referencing a particular song or album that you right click. Hopefully the WP7 Marketplace works similarly and I am just missing it.

When you do get a chance to link your Focus I would love to see an article helping us recovering iTunes users master the Zune. In the next couple weeks I expect I will have to defend my switch in a variety of settings, and Zune seems like one of the ways I can show off what I obviously believe is a more powerful platform.
  6. Willy Vaca

Willy Vaca New Member

I had the same problems here's what I found: after signing up for a zine pass all I could steam was 30s and buy the songs, after signing in with my live mail (the same email I used to register for a zune pass) I was granted access to stream all kinds of music. If you just wanna stream just hit the play icon but if you wanna download it with the zune pass hold on the song or album for 2 sec and you should get the options to buy and own it ( using a credit card or your 10 free monthly credits to own the song) or just to download it to your phone... I hope that helps you and doesn't confuse you more lol
    chris likes this.
  7. alejovh1

alejovh1 New Member

I just wanted to comment on the keyboard lag? mine is super responsive and way better than teh iphone keyboard. I'm really liking this phone! :)