I just can't take it anymore ...

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by SaintlySins, Aug 11, 2009.

1. SaintlySins

SaintlySins New Member

I just can't take it anymore ...

Had many Q's and have used and enjoyed lot's of hacks, tricks and tips (Thank you all). However, I NEEDED a global phone and must stay on Verizon with Windows so my options were limited but after playing in the store and reading about this phone I decided to go for the Ozone.
    I had a LOT of time to play and work with it, but it's got a mind of it's own. I tried. I REALLY tried to like this phone ... however ...
    It will randomly vibrate and not ever stop. Sometimes it'll auto-dial a number WHILE JUST LAYING ON MY DESK!?! Some of the hacks are like the Q's hacks ... but some of the good ones just don't execute like they could/should. And of course the big/common complaint - If you turn off the phone and put it in your pocket (or wife's pocketbook) and something even 'touches' the on/off button, it'll boot back up. When trying to conserve battery power on long flights or if it's required for a business meeting or conference ... it sucks to find out the phone was on and the battery's dead or it starts ringing in a meeting ... uuuuugh!
    I could keep going but don't want to sound like a whinny bieeatch - so I'll end my rant.

So after spending some time surfing this site I've decided to try the Saga so you'll see me on those forums next. Such a disapointment they're ending the Q without any worthy replacement. Motorola really dropped the ball on this one.

I want to thank you all for the tips for this phone.
  2. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

You really may want to reconsider the Saga choice (or at least investigate further before making a decision)... BIG Problems over there... I don't know about the board here but if you go: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-sch-i770/ You will see what I mean... I've come from there myself...

i730, xv6700, i760, xv6800, i770 (Saga), now Ozone.

I won't get into the details here, but the issues are all well documented over there.
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Blah..blah..blah. you can find issues with every phone..every carrier..on every website. they dont "make" websites where you are only allowed to rave about the phone. phonehome is about the only other site that has a true saga following. ive owned my saga for a few months now after a few q series and it rocks!
  4. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

If you wanted to log the history for me and the Saga, I went through six -- yes six devices. I had it 2 weeks before it was released to the general public, so I have logged many hours with this device. I had major issues with random reboots and lockups, to name a couple.

The device, after the latest release, is unreliable for many users and I was just pointing out some of these well documented facts.

So, TreeFrog. I am not making statements without a great deal of hands on knowledge. Heck, I wasn't even discouraging anyone from looking at the device (My wife and aunt still own and use the Saga). It works for them due to the reboots not interfering with their work and they certainly are not "power users" of the device. I on the other hand must have a stable device and Verizon recognized the issues with the device and got me out of it --- It was their suggestion and I was not charged for the Ozone... (And Verizon is certainly not the quickest to give stuff away).

(Oh, and the GPS is extremely hit or miss on the Saga -- it seems to work for some and not others.)
  5. igedoc

igedoc New Member

you should look into getting moto a4500 napoleon. it works on verizon and it's a world phone. many of the Q hacks still work. look at the napoleon section at this site.
  6. SaintlySins

SaintlySins New Member

UPDATE:
    So I got the Saga last night. We spent 2 hours in the Verizon Store trying to sync my e-mail account(s) ... all failed. They said there was something wrong with the "system" - so we tested a BB Tour and it synced immediately.
    Their "tech-guy" was out last night, but they said he'd be in this morning, so I should take the phone and they'll sort it out in the morning. Well it's been over 4 hours and the guy's as distraught as I am!
    Finally the Tech-Guy says he's had problems with this phone for others and I should come in for a new one ... yet they don't have any more in stock, till Friday. After reading what "DECGT" sent as a link seems this is a common problem. On the other hand, I hold "TREEFROG" in high regard (as some of his posts have helped me considerably) and agree with his position that there will be a slew of people not happy ... yet when I compare the amount of complaints to any version of the Q the Saga has an extraordinary amount of noted problems than the Q ever had ... so I think I'm going to bail on this phone too.
    As for the Ozone, either I'm too old, or stuck in my ways, but I just can't go back to that phone. It's not as ergonomic as any of the Q's were and it's design of a 'raised-up-and-on-an-edge" on/off button is such disastrous design that has cause one too many problems that I've had to suffer/fix/work through - among other things.
    "IGEDOC" has proposed a solution that I am strongly considering. After spending time with the BB Tour I also like that phone ... yet we all know how easy it is for the phone and the BB System to be hacked/mined/comprised ... unacceptable for about 10% of my business security standards - yet I read somewhere the BB Tour is more secure than any BB to date. Still trying to find proof of that somewhere to show our office IT Dept so I can switch to it.
    IGEDOC may have been reading my mind - and now I just have to find a place selling one with a clean/unused SIM Card.

Thanks again everyone.
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

For what it's worth, I started in the WinMo smartphone 'scene' with a A4500 Napoleon, tried the Ozone for a couple of weeks and now I'm back with the Nap. Although I didn't have as many random problems with the Ozone as you did, those raised wrap around send and end keys were the finishers for me and the Ozone.
  8. igedoc

igedoc New Member

I do find that Napoleon is better that Ozone in many ways esp. keyboard. I also like the screen and support from the nap forum. However, I chose to keep Ozone and put Nap on sale (just put it in the market place) because of smaller size and weight.
  9. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I work for VZW. I used to have a Treo 700wx as my work phone and Q9c as my personal. I have switched to the Saga for work and Ozone for personal and am very pleased with both (altough I do see a Touch Pro 2 as my work phone in the future)