I have the ROM for Q9h with Wifi

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Quantify, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Really? I thought ATT had EvDO as well, I suppose if not that would be a draw but isn't 3G enough for ya? :D Well, whatever makes you happy bud, good luck with it. I am not a big Verizon fan but heck that's just little ol me, who cares ;)
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Laymans terms: ATT 3G = Sprint/VZW EV-DO.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Nope. ATT has UMTS/HSDPA for their 3G. I actually prefer ATT's UMTS/HSDPA over VZW's EvDO, but I prefer my Nap over my H more. I have been with ATT since they were Cellular One. But the big 3 (Sprint included) have really good coverage in my area, so I'm lucky in that I really have a choice. So now the top factor for me are the phones, monthly costs comes second.
  4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Oh yeah, you are right. I had gotten my acronyms wrong. Thanks for the clarification. :eek:hmy:

Yeah, I got my initials wrong, I forgot ATT (GSM) is HSDPA and Verizon (CDMA) is EvDO but I didn't realize the EvDO was faster. I thought HSDPA was the same quality and just as good if not better.

Either way bro, as long as you are happy, that's all that matters and I wish you the best dude, you know that. :thumbup:
  5. bmurf

bmurf New Member

AT&T's HSDPA is faster than both Verizon's and Sprint's EvDO.
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

that's because HSDPA is like 3.5G. Although Sprint has begun rolling out 4G
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

RevA??? Is it available already?
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I thought so but I wasn't sure so I wasn't going to push it :geek:

Yeap that sounds about right, 4G already huh? wow, nice. :happy:
  9. Roadie

Roadie New Member

So.....any luck? I'm dying to know...
  10. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Sorry, I was so busy that I enlisted the help of a couple of chefs at xda that I know and trust and they are playing with it right now and they promise to let me know the minute they figure something out, I am keeping an eye on the progress though. I will report back the minute we know something, I promise.
  11. Roadie

Roadie New Member

'Kay. I'll go sit back in my corner now and try to practice patience. :smile:
  12. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Come on now, I didn't mean it like that. I will poke and prode and see if I can get a quicker response, how is that? :w00t:
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

@Guardian they rolled out 4G (wimax I think) for usb broadband adapters in boston so far
  14. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yeah, I heard something like that, I am looking forward to seeing it in action. I have been waiting for WiMAX since it was intended to replace LMDS and MMDS which dropped by the wayside, this uses the IEEE standards and 802.20 is standard to watch for now. Fourth generation, here we come.
  15. Quantify

Quantify New Member

If one of the chefs is Da_G, tell him I'm the guy who sent him the bluetooth headsets...
  16. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Its not but I do know the user, I will pass that along ;)
  17. Cadence

Cadence New Member

anything new?

Hi, has anybody heard anything about the results of the download?
    Thanks Cadence
  18. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Ok, sorry it has taken a while to get back on the dump files. Couple of the chefs were busy with some new phones but finally had a chance to process and load the images and no WiFi but we expected that already and they said that although the image seems to be "clean" if you will, its actually a release candidate image that was created for the final "branded" update. So as far as we can tell quickly looking, there is nothing missing but not really sure as most of us don't use the Q as primary device anymore to test too thoroughly. One of them said he found partial corruption but we couldn't verify that as it seems to function when loaded, so not really sure if the corruption is just a risidual side effect of the rip, the conversion or being a temporary image. Sorry I can't give more details but I gotta run. Take care.