I have the ROM for Q9h with Wifi

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Quantify, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Quantify

Quantify New Member

I have the ROM for Q9h with Wifi

Folks -

I bought the phone from racingxtsy, and was able to extract the ROM (see this thread: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...-a-moto-q9h-with-wifi-is-this-rare-31866.html). I now have the ROM extracted in two versions. The first is a .bin file, the second is a fully uncompressed dump.

The ROM, btw, is pretty interesting. It's WM 6.1, and totally unbranded. While I doubt that it will turn on WiFi in our regular Q9h phones, I sure would like an unbranded ROM.

Here's my problem: I don't know how to turn either the dump or the .bin file into an SBF file that RSD Lite will recognize and load onto my regular Q9h. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
  2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Well that's a mighty nice effort and if you are successful, kudos to you. I look forward to seeing how this ends and would be happy to take a crack at seeing how the file is structured and helping you making it compatible. I don't know exactly how, this would be a trial and error effort. If you have a way to get the .bin file and the raw dump to me, I will certainly take a crack at it.
  3. Quantify

Quantify New Member

Thanks Guardian. I'll upload them to RapidShare this evening, and post the link here.
  4. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

anywaya for you to post em somewhere besides rapidshare?

i'd like to take a look at it, but I can never get more than 5kb/s with rapidshare.
  5. Quantify

Quantify New Member

Sure. Any suggestions about where else I can post it?
  6. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Thank you and I will download it and get cracking on it as soon as I have it and keep you posted on any progress made.

Agreed, the free service is slow but I just assumed the OP had no other place but if there is, that would be great, what is the size of the two files you have?

Tell me the size and let me see if I can make some arrangements for you to upload it. I have provided FTP access in the past for many and I would be happy to do it but I need to know the load it will place on the server. Pretty much any free service you use will have some limitation, rapidshare, megaupload, filehost, so on and so forth.
  7. ssanfilippo

ssanfilippo New Member

No mather where... plz upload it! ;) I wanna try to recomplile it
  8. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

I normally use mediafire

Max speed and no waiting time to download
  9. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Unfortunately that service has a 100 MB cap on each file, so it would help to know what size the OP's files are. Although you could always RAR them and chunk them into 99 MB pieces and upload them since there seems to be no cap on space used.

Thanks for the referral, it looks like a nice service, will have to test it out and figure out what the catch is with the free lunch :w00t:
  10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

vipeers.com is a free 5 GiG up load & down load service ..
    I've used it in the past & it's never been a hassle to use.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Thanks, I checked it out and funny thing is that I know LH on the main site. I shot out an email and got a response that said, I wouldn't recommend it for professionals, the PUMP tool is inherently P2P buggy like any other and open to intrusion. Just wanted to share that with you, use it carefully and make sure your security is really good. Good times.
  12. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Thanks Guardian. I don't use it for super secret stuff. I just upload avi's from my camera or pix & send the link via email & once everyone is done downloading I delete it.
    Nice talking to you, again.
    Hope you are having a good week.
  13. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Its good to catch up to you as well my friend. Its always nice to hear from you. Its been a busy week but chugging along as usual. Hope all is well on your end.

As for the P2P programs, they all have TCP/UDP port protocols that use modules a certain way and they are open to exploits and that's where the worry comes in. Not necessarily what you are sharing and be careful what you download too, sometimes they are not good. Make sure the source is verified and has some feedback on it. Vuze (previously Azureus, java based), eMule (previously cobranded as eDonkey), LimeWire (the worst offender) and so on, you get the idea.

Anyway, just looking out for ya, that's all. Its all about love. Good times.
  14. Quantify

Quantify New Member

15. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Its fine, don't worry about it. Downloading it now, will let you know if there is any progress. Good work.

ADD: Downloaded them and it didn't take too long and they were fine, so will get back to you on any updates after I had a chance to play with it.
  16. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hey Guardian. What's been up man? Just wanted to say hi and stick my foot in so I can follow the thread :smile:.
  17. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Not much bro, hanging in there. How have you been? How is the new phone working out for you. Still bugging you? Its always good to hear from you man and hope you follow this thread and we'll see if we can produce a valid patch file from the sources kindly provided here. Any ideas?
  18. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

The N is awesome! But the lack of 3G and no GPS brought me back to my trusty H. Planning on migrating to VZW when contract is up with ATT. So I'll store the Nap in a safe place till then.

As far as what you guys are trying to do - I have no clue. I'll just be a bench warmer and sit on the sidelines. All I can offer is the use of my H as a test dummy for the ROM.
  19. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Sorry to hear that, I know you were really looking forward to it and happy to get it. H is at least consistent :) So why changing from ATT? Something specific bothering you or attracting you?
  20. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I really like the Nap. But it's first and foremost a CDMA phone and supports EvDo. No 3G support for ATT; only GSM. I got data and everything on the Nap to work with ATT. EvDO is the only compelling factor to switch.