I have some questions on my New Q9m pls!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Breny, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Breny

Breny New Member

I have some questions on my New Q9m pls!

After reading the manual I still have some questions and I'm hoping you can help!

1. How do I save pictures that are already saved on my phone to my memory card?

2. Can I change the color of the home screen text?

3. Where can I get different backgrounds?

4. Where can I get song ringtones with out going on the internet on my phone? With my Maxx Ve I used the Verizon one (can't remember the name now!) and went online with my phone and downloaded the song ringtone.

5. If I do go online to download a ringtone does it cost alot? I have a pay as you go data plan.

6. Alerts - Is there a way to set the alerts to alert you every 5 to 15 minutes like you can on the Maxx VE and the razrs? Like when you missed a call, etc....?

Thanks so much for your help! I still so learning this phone!!!
  2. Breny

Breny New Member

I forgot one

Whenever I send a picture message, the icon in the upper right hand corner of two arros pointing in different dirrections comes on and doesn't turn off. I've went into my task manager and killed all, and it still stays. So I have to turn the phone OFF and back on for it to be gone.

Also, when I send a pic message it doesn't come up and say "message Sent" like it does when I send a regualr test message. Anyway I can get it to do that so I know the picture was sent?
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

use the file manager on the Q and move the file

edit the xml file of the homescreen

did you look in the homscreen forum?

use your PC to get mp3s and then move them to the Q with active sync

depends on the size of the file

start
    settings
    unread message alert

all these can be easily found by a search
  4. n99hockey

picture messaging uses data which is why those arrows are there
    and no there is no message sent screen becuase it almost acts like an email
  5. teamgood

teamgood New Member

to turn off the data connection from the 'windows default' homescreen you can highlight the 'verizon wireless - date & time' plug in and select it. from there hit menu - turn off broadband connection. that turns off your data connection which becomes active from pix, internet, etc. i thought i saw a hack somewhere to automatically turn it off after you send a pix msg, not sure where it was. and downloading ringtones is a complete waste of money if you ask me, since you can make any song you want into a ringtone and transfer it to your phone yourself.
  6. Breny

Breny New Member

Ok, so I'm trying to connect my Q9m to my computer. I have the cable. When I connect nothing is reconized? What am I doing wrong???

I apologise, but I'm not to knowledgable when it comes to all this!

Please and thank you!
  7. n99hockey

did you install active sync (if you run an XP machine) or WMDC (if you have vista)???????
    www.windowsmobile.com
  8. Breny

Breny New Member

Hi, I did install active sync. Could I have done something incorrect? Once installed I should be able to connect my phone and it should reconize it right?
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Yes. Maybe a reinstall would help. Sometimes, Active Sync is finicky (with syncing, especially), but whenever I've had any issues, a reinstall seemed to clear things up.
  10. Breny

Breny New Member

Sorry to ask so many questions :) But I have it working BUT how do I get songs from my computer and use them as a ringtone? I'm getting an error saying THIS RINGTONE FILE IS CORRUPTED OR UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE CHOOSE A DIFFERENT RING TONE.
  11. lexicon

lexicon New Member

Open activesync or windows mobile device center (depending if you're using vista or xp - please specify). Go to explore your device or manage files. drag and drop the mp3 of your choice to your storage card. Go to your phone and see if that mp3 is now selectable as your ringtone. Please do not drag files from your music player - drag files from their location on your computer directly to the storage card on your device. If you are still getting errors saying that the file is corrupt or unavailable; try using file explorer (on the Q) and navigating to your storage card to see if you can locate the file; once located click on the file to see if it will play (usually this will bring up windows media player on your device to play the track). Please let us know how if this helps.
  12. Breny

Breny New Member

Well I am running XP and I tried everything you said and I can get them to play on the media player but when I try and sue them as a ringtone, thats when I'm still getting that error message.
  13. lexicon

lexicon New Member

Who's your carrier so we can cross check with people using the same carrier and see if they are having similar issues. It is possible that your phone has been limited to not be able to use mp3s as ringtones, but that sounds unlikely - however you can check with your tech support hotline and see what they say. It's been known to happen as they want to only have you download ringtones from them.
  14. Breny

Breny New Member

I have Verizon.
  15. lexicon

lexicon New Member

just to summarize: When you go to choose your ringtone you CAN see the mp3 you've placed on your Q as a possible selection. You CAN also select aforementioned mp3 as a ringtone but when you do it pops up with that error.... correct?

Have you tried moving the ringtone to your "my documents" on the device itself rather than on the storage card? When you do this, does it still come up with the error?
  16. Breny

Breny New Member

Yes, I can see the song as a possible selection under SOUNDS SETTINGS- then under RING TONES. Correct - then when I select it as a ring tone the error I get is ALERT - THIS RING TONE FILE IS CORRUPTED OR UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE CHOOSE A DIFFERENT RING TONE.

I have not tried moving the ringtone to MY DOCUMENTS under the device. The songs are on my card. I will see if I can try this.

Again, thanks so much for your help!!!
  17. Breny

Breny New Member

Argh! Ok I'm trying but can someone walk me thru the steps to do this?
  18. lexicon

lexicon New Member

on your phone use file explorer to navigate to your storage card and locate the mp3 file. highight the file then select move to. navigate to your my documents and press done. this may vary a bit since I'm on wm6 but the concept is the same.
  19. Breny

Breny New Member

Ok..I think its there and it plays in the media cneter. Now that it is in my documents, how do I get it to my ringtone?
  20. Breny

Breny New Member

Ok I just looked and its under my ringtones automaticaly? Still get the error when I select it though. Am I doing something wrong?