I don't get the Kin....

Discussion in 'Kin' started by nukethis, May 17, 2010.

1. nukethis

nukethis Member

I don't get the Kin....

Just trying to get a grasp on why someone would buy one of these.... Not trying to start a flame war, just a simple inquire as to why someone would buy it....

I get the social media part but what else does it do? Is it a phone too? Is is just a bigger version of Zipit Wireless Messenger or one of those plastic only IM things you see every now and then in the bargin bins?
  2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

The Kin is basically an update of the Sidekick concept.... a dumbphone with bells and whistles.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I think the "saving all your stuff" to the cloud is pretty nifty. I've never used the KIN, so have no idea about how useful it might be to some folks.
  4. robrobin10

robrobin10 Banned

Its a cheap phone for people who cant afford a high end smartphone, that still gives them access to a bunch of stuff they wouldnt have had a on a traditional cell phone.

Yea ok its definately not something I would use personally, but I think its a bit harsh to knock it. Not everyone can be running around with the latest and greatest tech in their pockets.
  5. BWG

BWG Member

The majority of end users are not as sophisticated as us wm smartphone users. The majority get a WM phone and hate it to be completely honest. It is too complex for the non-tech savvy user.

To us it is a "Bat Phone" we master, expand on, and love.

The Kin is for the social network butterfly. Someone who is on them a lot, likes good quality pictures, HD video, and music. It is based on the newest Windows CE platform. It is almost a beta of the newest additions to the soon to come Windows Phone 7. The devices have technology no other devices have for social networking.

Overall the phones will be a total flop lol. But, it gives windows a chance to get something out early that shows some of the new features of Windows Phone 7. They are trying to take a little more of an iphone approach or android by marketing the devices instead of the blistered WM rep or what is now WP.

Windows 7 Backstage has most of your answers if you were invited to join it and know about it.