I definitely have a MOTO Q9h with WiFi - is this rare??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by racingxtsy, Feb 24, 2009.

1. cindra

cindra Active Member

Weren't there 2 models of Q9h's? One (USA) had no wifi but had GPS, and the other had wifi but no GPS.

Does this phone have GPS?
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

He listed it with both.
  3. cindra

cindra Active Member

Ahh, sorry. Missed that.
  4. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Happens haha.
  5. kray_zie

kray_zie New Member

Hi roscoe22,

The FCC sticker on mine says IHDT56HW2 exactly. So what does that mean? Hhmmm...

6. Horacio Granero

Horacio Granero New Member

7. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

Hey to Kray_zie!
    Do a google search on "IHDT56HW2 wifi". You will see several posts from different websites that seem to confim that the only phones with WiFi were Canadian-issued ending in ...HW2". The FCC approval of HW1 was 7/13/07 and HW2 was earlier on 2/15/07.

What does this mean? Its possible that yours has the WiFi hardware and software. I don't believe there is any doubt that these WiFi-enabled phones exist (perhaps 50 phones?) Check "wireless manager" and see if WiFi is an option. If it doesn't, you still could have the hardware, but you are in the same boat as the rest of us - software-wise. But...

I personally think that all of the early Canada devices with wifi hardware left with the software configured in "wireless manager" to enable it. The question we have here (see original post in the thread) is that a run-of-the-mill AT&T phone might have WiFi, perhaps due to a ROM flash done after manufacture. The problem is that this guy's phone FCC sticker seems to be either missing or different. :2cool:
  8. kray_zie

kray_zie New Member

Let's hope racingxtcy gets back to all of us soon... *fingers crossed*
  9. racingxtsy

racingxtsy New Member

I'm having trouble creating a ROM dump...I'm getting an error message just before it's supposed to create the ROM dump...am I doing something wrong?

Here goes:

I followed the 'Guide: Dumping a q9c rom' at:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-hacks/guide-dumping-a-q9c-rom-28242.html

I ended up doing the regedit to use the tool and got pdocread running.

I got a listing of the available disk devices by typing pdocread -l

Instead of finding something like 'TrueFFS' - it had this filename: 'ONDisk0'

My 'Part02' was 0x6564000

I typed in 'pdocread -v -w -d ONDisk0 -p Part02 0 0x6564000 Part02.raw'

I got the following message:

Copy TFFSToFile<0x0, 0x6564000, Part02.raw>
    reading 0x10000 bytes from 0x0 with winceread ONDisk0/Part02
    readdisk<'ONDisk0', 'Part02', -2, 00000000, 00000000>
    ERROR: ITReadDisk : read 00000000 bytes - A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I want to get this done and sell the phone. If I don't have any luck with this, the phone's gone. Please help, thanks.

-mike
    :frown:
  10. bmurf

bmurf New Member

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but don't bother. It's hardware, not the software.
  11. racingxtsy

racingxtsy New Member

Forget this crap, I'm sick of this negativity, lack of enthusiasm, and lack of hope. I guess it's not even worth a try. I'm selling this phone and calling it quits. If anyone wants to buy it PM and it's yours. Thanks and goodbye.

$240 Canadian. I will ship it to you if you pay actual shipping cost and pay via PayPal. Comes unlocked with 2 batteries, 4 GB card, charger, data cable.
  12. kray_zie

kray_zie New Member

Just forget what bmurf said racingxtsy. If you are successful & we've all examined/tried out the rom with no avail, only THEN I would say our optimistic hopes are lost forever... :embarassed:
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Did you try my recommendation and talk to doctorQ2u?
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

geez way to be a debbie downer

-Sent from my Q9n
  15. racingxtsy

racingxtsy New Member

Thanks Vazguard, I just sent a message to 'doctorQ2u' and hope he can offer some good advice / direction so that I can successfully create a ROM dump before I sell this phone.

I tried different combinations of numbers / values in case I did something wrong, but unfortunately nothing worked. It still gave me the same error message.

I can't beleive there are people out there that are so stubborn. There must be more phones out there that have the Wi-Fi capability, but need the correct software. A perfect example of this was when the MOTO V3i didn't ship with EDGE, but with some seem edits and updated correct firmware (monsterpack) the phone had EDGE icon present and capability. I'm willing to give this another try before the phone is sold just for the sake of trying. If it works, great. If it doesn't work for anyone, oh well, at least we gave it a shot.

Thanks to those who care enough to at least want to try.

If there is anyone located in the Toronto area reading this and can do this ROM backup for me (us) - please send me a PM and we can make arrangements for you to do this for me (us)

:gasp:
  16. bmurf

bmurf New Member

I'm not trying to be a "debbie downer", I'm just trying to help.
  17. racingxtsy

racingxtsy New Member

Update:

I haven't received any replies regarding the issues dumping the Q9h ROM. I wish I knew what the problem was, but I don't. I tried again with no luck. I wish I had better news. Oh well, the new owner will enjoy the phone!

The phone is SOLD as of this afternoon and will be shipped out tomorrow morning. Thanks for all your help.

-mike
    :gasp:
  18. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Thanks for attempting. It would have been interesting to see.
  19. endobrian

endobrian New Member

Best thread ever. Full of lols.

It's hardware.
  20. kray_zie

kray_zie New Member

... & that is why I have also SOLD OFF my Q! HP iPAQ 910c, here I come! :tounge: