I am sick of this phone...

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by summit, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Agree X2. The Droid is a fantastic phone. Got one for a co-worker and she is so in love with that thing. Wish they would have told us 6 months ago it was coming out, I would have waited.... yes, it's that cool.
  2. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

I agree, I am not sure what issues you've heard about on the droid. I have been with winmo since the original silver MotoQ -> Black MotoQ -> MotoQm -> Saga -> Droid and let me tell you. Best phone I have had to date.

Saga was great until the rom update and then I couldn't stand it. I hated missing calls because the phone simply refused to answer even though I pushed the answer button 20 times. I hated accidently turning off my radio while I was on the phone because my cheek hit a button. It's just nice to have a phone that works, and works extremely well. I am not bashing WinMo but MS really needs to get their butt in gear if they expect to compete in this market.
  3. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

I will bash them for you. ;)

MS always seems to be late to the party, don't they?

Windows7 = fantastic. Finally something to compete with Apple.... 6-7-8 years to late. (at the very least this should have been what Vista was).
    Zune = a great player, at least 2 years to late.
    Windows Mobile 7 = finally a pretty, touch based OS.... minimum 1 year to late. This should have been out when Sliding Panels first debuted 18 months ago.
    Xbox 360 = finally beat Sony at something... the orginal Xbox was smoked by the PS2.
    Bing = good lord how many years to late is that search engine???

I cannot understand why anyone at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to include a START button on a phone. I cannot understand how anyone at MS thought the Media Player in WinMo 5/6 was worthy of release... ever.

It amazes me that MS has been able to hold on to its dominate position as long as it has when it so consistently gets beaten..... oh that's right... MS Office still has no real competition.

For the record I have an Ozone and do like it a lot... but I would ditch it for a Droid or iPhone in a hot minute. Can't get an iPhone because we are a VZW shop and can't get a Droid as we re-upped my contract just a short 6 months ago with the Ozone. But in 18 months? Droid or Droid 2.0 here I come (if I still have a job that pays my cell bill. lol)
  4. summit

summit New Member

I got the Droid an hour ago. It is growing on me very very fast.

IT IS (slightly) SMALLER THAN THE SAGA IN ALL DIMENSIONS!!!!
    And it has twice as big of a keyboard, twice as big of a screen, and 4x the resolution.

Complete and total pwnage.
  5. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

ok well I am back just to let you know, though I forgot didn't you? haha, nope just been way too busy loving my Droid. Seriously, haven't looked back since! Its night and day, the Droid just works, no messing around. Good bye winmo, good bye forever.
  6. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Yea I'm not looking back either. WM 7 is headed the wrong way. We got a few Incredibles on 4/27 and they have been awesome. There are only two things the inc can't do over the saga: WiFi tether (yet) and gsm. Everything else just works so much better it is unbelievable. It is basically a Linux machine underneath.

Google nav is amazing. Browser is better than opera. Touch screen saved my fingers. Display is beautiful. Exchange works well. Multiple Google shared and exchange calendars overlaid. More protection against badly written apps. Location services integrated. Contact consolidation. On and on. I had wm for ten years and a couple of ipod touches too. I can only say thumbs up to android and HTC. Battery management is necessary like on any smartphone. It gets me through the day and sometimes two days. I have a seidio battery on order though.

Jump in. The water is warm.
  7. summit

summit New Member

Comparing my Saga to my Droid would be like comparing a dog turd to a diamond.
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hahahaha nice
    (loving my incredible)
  9. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Expect to see more of your Droid converts over at everythingAndroid. Your username/login from eWM will work at eA.
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I see a lot of msgs in this thread that say "Droid" To my knowledge, there are at least 2 differnet phones out there calling themselves Droid, maybe 3. Which one are you folks talking about? Which carrier?What OS is it?
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Does an Andriod OS work with Exchange, Gmail, all that stuff? Does it come with Office apps or do you have to buy that horrible DocumentsToGo package?
  12. n99hockey

yes android works with exchange and gmail (thats what i have setup)
    it comes with an app to view office documents, if you want to edit you need docs to go, i got a good deal on it. they had a cinco de mayo sale and it was 5 bucks
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thanks Scott. Appreciate the info.

Which "droid" is everyone talking about? I've found 3 phones that have droid in the name?
  14. n99hockey

heh really depends
    the newest Droid is the HTC Incredible, before that the main one was the Motorola Droid, HTC also has the Eris which is being EOL'd